Chisholm vs JTI

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
navk

Chisholm vs JTI

Post by navk » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:33 pm

hi guys,
I am going to enrol in cert 3 in early childhood education bt I am so confused that different institutes have such a massive difference in their fee, one is charging just 100 dollars and other 4000 dollars. what is your say about it? I am afraid I am not going to end up with a job if I enrol in a former one. please suggest.

Lorina

Re: Chisholm vs JTI

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:22 am

$100 why so cheap??

I'm not going to be of any help because I have no idea about either...

You need to make sure that they are a registered training organisation within Australia and that the qualification is a decent time frame for completion... You can't expect to finish the course in a month or 2 it should take a year to complete if this makes sense... Have you thought about TAFE?

:geek:,
Lorina

navk

Post by navk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:03 pm

hi lorina,
yes they are a registered in Australia and qualification takes 6 months to complete including 120 hours of work placement. $100 is for govt funded, fee is $2500 otherwise.
and about TAFE, yeah I called Chisholm and asked them what is the difference between Chisholm cert 3 and that of other's but they were able to give any answer.
anyway I will start the course soon and will be regular in this forum.
also I want to know when can I start my work placement, i am free and can start anytime. would like to finish work placement soon so that I can earn.
thanks guys.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:19 am

Ah yes, the govt funded fee of course! If they seem to suit your needs then go with them... You will find that all cert 3 qualifications should have the same modules (units) between all course providers, the only difference would be the way each module is made up depending on the course provider. So, this means questions may be different, scenarios made me different, assignments will be different depending on where you do your course...

Well it seems your off to a great start to 2017 with study and all!

I'll see you around the forum!

Lorina

navk

Post by navk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for the reply Lorina.. and sorry I'm writing late.
I went to the information session at one of the TAFE, really liked the way they say they teach their students. now I'm going to an RTO's info session tomorrow, maybe then I can compare and decide. I can't seem to come out of the dilemma of choosing right institute to study as difference between govt funded fee of both centres is $3200.
Also, I wanted to know if it is true that some childcare centres have unofficially blacklisted some of the trading organisation due to lack of quality education they provide to their students?

Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:48 am

It's good you are going to the information session so you got something to compare with...

Yes, some centres have unofficially blacklisted organisations (I would love to get my hands on that info!). Heard from the grapevine these are usually organisations that claim that you can get your qualification in a few months or weeks and usually don't follow protocol. It shouldn't matter for big reputable organisations though...

I think that TAFE is always safest option...

Lorina