Certificate 3 In Education Support Question

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
KarenT

Certificate 3 In Education Support Question

Post by KarenT » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm very much a newbie here, having found the forum just now, so I hope I'm doing everything right! :)

I'm 42 years old, married and I have 2 teenage children. I have worked in retail all my life since having my kids and I'm now wanting to change my career path to something more rewarding.

I have just been sent all the enrolment papers to do my Cert 3 in Education Support from JCU here in Mackay. I have not done any form of study since leaving school and I'm so worried I won't be able to cope with what is required assignment wise. Did anyone else feel that way before you committed to the course? Would love some words of wisdom and encouragement from those who have felt the same way I do!

Thanks so much for any advice offered.

Karen

Lorina

Re: Certificate 3 In Education Support Question

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi Karen,

Welcome aboard! :wave:

Taking on a new career path is a challenge but it's also very exciting!

Try not to think of assignments as "assignments as such", it gives you an opportunity to broaden your horizons and to learn about new things. Also as part of your qualification, you will need to complete work placement which enables you to go and work in a centre. This is such a great time for you to get a taste of what it will be like working in a centre and to gain some hands-on experiences.

There is always going to be some doubt in your mind contemplating whether or not what you did is right but if this is something you really want to do then there is no doubt about it!

Besides, I'm here to help if you ever need it!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Also with assignments they are not impossible to complete! There is always a way to find information so don't worry about it too much! Take each assignment as it comes!

You'll be right!

Lorina

KarenT

Post by KarenT » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:52 am

Good morning Lorina,

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to chime in on my post. I love the little waving emoji! lol

I had a friend say to me when i excitedly told her I was going to enrol in the course, that the job positions are very limited for teachers aides so she's not sure if it would be worth doing, however I know of about 5 mums that went to school with my kids over the years who have all gained teacher aide positions in different schools after doing their certificate.

When someone says something like that to you, it sews the seed of doubt as to whether your doing the right thing. While I certainly don't ever expect to be offered a full time position anywhere (although that would be lovely) a couple of days a week would suit me perfectly.

I was aware I had to do placement as part of my study, and really look forward to that opportunity to gain some hands on experience. I'm keen, creative and ready to give it a red hot go. I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain I guess.
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this group because I can see it will help me greatly with my study.

Hope you have a lovely day!

Karen

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi Karen,

I understand where you're coming from any hint of negativity can really play on your mind. I mean you're changing your entire career and it's not an easy thing to do and it's a sacrifice for you and your family...

However, wouldn't you do something you love! Something that you enjoy! It's so much better to work for enjoyment than to work for money...

Just go for it!

Lorina

KarenT

Post by KarenT » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Lorina, you are absolutely right. Thats exactly where I am in my life..I want to go to work and do something I love, rather than dread turning up to a place that I really don't want to be at! It's not about the money to me anymore, thats just a bonus!

Thank you for your words of wisdom...your a gem! :)

Karen

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Thanks Karen!

I look forward to supporting you in the future!

Anything at all let me know!

Lorina

D.Jan

Post by D.Jan » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi everyone!
I just read your posts related to starting a new career. Actually i am also thinking to start certificate 3 in education support. I got married four years ago n since den i m trying to conceive but not happening. Every time i start to think of changing my life and thinking about doing some further studies i give up before tryng. Please i need some guideline about this course whoever has done t or doing t. What are the opportunities after doing this course. Also if am done wd ds course so am i going to get job with kindergarden level kids or is t up to me coz i love kids n wd love to to be wd dem n educate dem. I have no applied for this course yet but most probably very soon till jan 2017. I would love to hear from all who are doing ds course.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:51 am

D.Jan wrote:Hi everyone!
I just read your posts related to starting a new career. Actually i am also thinking to start certificate 3 in education support. I got married four years ago n since den i m trying to conceive but not happening. Every time i start to think of changing my life and thinking about doing some further studies i give up before tryng. Please i need some guideline about this course whoever has done t or doing t. What are the opportunities after doing this course. Also if am done wd ds course so am i going to get job with kindergarden level kids or is t up to me coz i love kids n wd love to to be wd dem n educate dem. I have no applied for this course yet but most probably very soon till jan 2017. I would love to hear from all who are doing ds course.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Hi There!

With this course, you will be qualified to work as a teacher's aide/assistant in a school, education assistant (special needs), home tutor... You can work with Kindergarten children or any class, as you will be working as an assistant to the teacher...

You can have a look at some course providers who are offering this qualification so you can have a look through the modules to get an idea of the assignments you will be doing...

Here is one to get you started:

Cert 3 In Education Support

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:05 am

[ref]D.Jan[/ref]

If you need any other information let me know...

Lorina

D.Jan

Post by D.Jan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 am

thank you lorina so nice of u ,I am very lucky to get guideline n help from u all.
Very grateful.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:12 pm

You're most welcome! :thumbup:

Lorina

Shellz

Post by Shellz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi Karen
My name is Michelle and am currently doing Cert 3 in education support online through tafe.
How are your studies going?

Regards Michelle

KarenT

Post by KarenT » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:25 am

Hi Michelle,

Sorry for my late reply, I saw your comment come through late yesterday but never got back on my computer to reply.

My studies are going really well thank you. I'm doing mine though ADAPT Education and they have been just fantastic. I signed up on January 5th and am currently on my 8th module. Because I am currently not working (resigned from my retail job in November), I have devoted Monday to Friday from when I drop my son off at school to when I pick him up to study. What module are you up to so far?

I started my prac hours just this week - I do Monday and Tuesday as my prac days. Tuesday I actually got a call to do paid work so that was pretty exciting..but also very challenging being completely new to the teacher Aide career and really not having much experience up my belt.

I'm really enjoying my study, even though some modules have really challenged me greatly.

Would love to know how your going Michelle. :)

Regards Karen

Shellz

Post by Shellz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi Karen,
Thanks for the reply. I am currently studying through Tafe but its a online course. I am currently doing Support behaviour of children and young people.
I am finding the course a bit challenging but every interesting. I started my course last year in January but got extension. I am meant to finish in April but its not looking to good. I am so far been behind. I didn't do much studying during the Christmas break bit hard with kids around. I finished my work placement hours last year. Which I now finding it hard to answer some modules.
I am a mother of three children and a foster carer of two boys. One of my foster sons has autism so that is why I started doing the course. Am hoping to get some work from it.
Please keep in touch let me know how things are going.

Regards Michelle

zarita

Post by zarita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:40 am

Hi all šŸ˜‰

I am interested in doing the Cert 3 Education assistant course. I am confuse on which is the best place to do it as there are so many places offering the course.

If anyone has any opinions or suggestions i would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:21 pm

zarita wrote: ā†‘
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:40 am
Hi all šŸ˜‰

I am interested in doing the Cert 3 Education assistant course. I am confuse on which is the best place to do it as there are so many places offering the course.

If anyone has any opinions or suggestions i would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

The following information will help you decide:

Questions To Ask Course Providers

Lorina