Is it okay to work for 2 different Centre for Casual role?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Gracenaraa

Is it okay to work for 2 different Centre for Casual role?

Post by Gracenaraa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi all,

Hope you all doing well. I am so new in there and in the industry.

I am a sole parent 4 years old son and on centrelink. He is now will be in Kinder 3 days/week in the long day care for next year as I want to start working.
I am holding Cert III.

I got the job offer in Casual position at childcare centre. And I just signed and sent contract back the other day.

I know my question is not making sense but if anyone can related to this may can help?

How many day and hours I may have from the centre? I aim to work Tue-Wed-Thurs. or should I put my son for 5 days? I am just afraid if i put him 5 days and work not consistency I might end up pay a lot for child care and not enough to survive. and I am worried about the time to pick up my son.

I have another interview with another centre for casual. If i got the job. If it okay to work with two centre as Casual ? what sort of problem I have to deal with? should i tell centre about it?

thank you so much. I appreciate any input here. and sorry again if the question sound silly.

Grace

Lorina

Re: Is it okay to work for 2 different Centre for Casual role?

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:36 am

Hi Grace,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

The thing about working causal is that you aren't guaranteed work each week. You'll be covering shifts when educators are on leave or sick. Some weeks you may be able to get a full weeks work on others you may get 1 or even nothing at all! Also working as a causal your hours and days vary, you need to at least work a minimum 2 hours each shift or more. So, you may have a 2 hour shift only...

Getting yourself on the casual list at a few centres is ideal because you can't just rely on one centre. The only problem will be if you get a call from 2 centres for the same day. You just have to decline one and usually centres have a few casuals to contact so don't feel bad if you have to say no.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

:geek:,
Lorina

Gracenaraa

Post by Gracenaraa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Dear Lorina,

Thank you for that. I now have a bit of idea about it.
so many good info on this website!

Thanks heaps,

Grace :kiss: :kiss:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi Grace,

No problem!

Also, since you want your son to go to Kinder, you could also try getting some casual work there as well...

I really hope you get some good experience working as a casual in a centre!

:geek:,
Lorina

orangenmango

Post by orangenmango » Mon May 31, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi. I find this post really helpful.
Do we have to tell a centre that we are doing casual at another centre or they already understand?
Thanks

inkypinky

Disability

Post by inkypinky » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Please can someone help me with this question.
Thanks

1. Provide an overview of a physical disability or disorder of your choice ( MS,epilepsy, hearing/visual ect) including signs/traits,diagnosis, treatment, strategies and technologies 400 words

2. What is the title of at least one disability legislation in your state or federally?

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Butterflyblue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:59 pm

orangenmango wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:34 pm
Hi. I find this post really helpful.
Do we have to tell a centre that we are doing casual at another centre or they already understand?
Thanks
You only need to tell them if you are contractually obliged to, otherwise its none of their concern what you do when you aren't at work.

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Disability

Post by Butterflyblue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:05 pm

Please can someone help me with this question.
Thanks

1. Provide an overview of a physical disability or disorder of your choice ( MS,epilepsy, hearing/visual ect) including signs/traits,diagnosis, treatment, strategies and technologies 400 words

Pick one and research online, you will find Australian Goverment websites have the best information:

https://www.google.com/search?q=physica ... e&ie=UTF-8

2. What is the title of at least one disability legislation in your state or federally?

Research disability legislation in your state/territory or the country:

https://www.google.com/search?q=disabil ... s-wiz-serp

You can post your answer on here and get some feedback.

30jack

Post by 30jack » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:18 pm

You can work as casual for many Centres at the same time as you wish