Plans for bonfire night?

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Plans for bonfire night?

Post by Scottish Joan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:36 pm

With November 5 only a day away, I was just posting this topic to see what plans you have for bonfire night?

Rhona is very lucky because she is going to 2 displays over the next few days, her first one is at her friends house, the friends parents are doing the display in their front garden and are expecting a lot of 7yr old kids to be there.

The next one is a weekend display organised by a Scottish adults group which is a public display which should last for an hour so because its at night, I have said to Rhona that even if its pleasant weather, I want her to wear AND fasten one of her new jackets because it gets cold at night in Scotland (its a weekend break in Scotland for Rhona and me, we haven't moved there though I am very tempted too lol).

Once that's over then its the build up to Christmas, how scary!

Lorina

Re: Plans for bonfire night?

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:17 am

Love fireworks!! They are so pretty and they are just fun to watch! It's even better doing them yourself... I spent Diwali in India a few years ago where we purchased our own fireworks to light up! It's pretty crazy for 2 days everyone is doing fireworks in the streets.. it's loud and colourful!

Hope Rhona keeps warm!

:geek:,
Lorina

Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Post by Scottish Joan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:26 am

Well, Rhona really enjoyed the fireworks display today and really looking forward to her next one on Saturday.

She told me that their was about 20 kids there and that it was "a spectacular display" with sparklers too.

When I asked if she was wanting her supper her reply was "no, my friends parents gave us all juice and hotdogs so now I am full".

She also told me that her new pink Trespass jacket was very snug, comfy and warm, especially when zipped.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:36 pm

She also told me that her new pink Trespass jacket was very snug, comfy and warm, especially when zipped
Yay! :thumbup:

I think you made the right choice with that jacket!

:geek:,
Lorina

Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Post by Scottish Joan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:38 am

She also enjoyed the display from last night, it was very spectacular and went on for at least half an hour :-).

For that one, I asked her to take her other new jacket and that one was also very snug and comfy when zipped.