Using the Code Of Ethics To Implement Statements Into Practice

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
anupreetham.radha
Participator
Participator

Using the Code Of Ethics To Implement Statements Into Practice

Post by anupreetham.radha » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 am

Hi, could you please check this answer, whether it is correct and enough to this question...... Thanks.
Question:
Access the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics and consider how you, as an educator, will implement the statements in your everyday practice. Select statements from the code that you will use to develop your own philosophy. Ensure that this personal philosophy aligns with desirable codes of conduct and, if you work in a service, with the service’s code of ethics (sometimes referred to as a code of conduct).

My Answer:
To protect the rights of children and young people in the provision of services, I would:
Identify and seek supervision support for issues of ethical concern in practice with children and young people.
Develop ethical and nurturing practices in accordance with professional boundaries when working with children and young people.
Recognise indicators for potential ethical concerns when working with children and young people.
Respond to unethical behaviour of others by reporting to the appropriate person.
Support the rights of children with special needs to participate, as far as their abilities permit, in all activities available to other children.
Identifying values and beliefs:
When thinking about how to respond to issues in an ethical manner, it is important to start by identifying the values and beliefs held by everyone involved. Identify different value positions:
• Demonstrates respect for everyone involved
• Uncovers shared value positions
• Helps those involved to understand that people may hold different but equally valid points of view
• Supports finding more than one solution to an issue.
Ethical practice which promotes the rights of the children also involves ‘acting reasonably’. As an educator, I would work with children and young people in accordance with:
• Relevant policies, regulations and industry standards
• Reasonable and lawful instructions
• His or her skills, training, duties and job description and
• Commonsense.
As a worker I can use my knowledge and skills to act in an ethical manner like:
• Work along with colleagues with honesty and trust.
• Respect the rights of everyone and maintain the confidentiality.
• Value the parent’s right to make requests and acknowledge their feelings by listening and responding carefully and appropriately. In order to respect their values and beliefs discuss the various strategies with the parent and the child and allow them to choose which may they feel best to suit for them and adopt them as the ethical response to the parent’s request.
• Value supporting children’s sense of belonging, fostering friendships and social inclusion.
• Develop positive relationship based on mutual trust, open communication and assist families to develop a sense of belonging and inclusion through get them involve in shared decision making where appropriate.
• Respect the uniqueness of each family and strive to learn about their culture, structure, lifestyle, customs, language, beliefs and kinship systems.

Thanks for your support,
Regards,
Anu.

Lorina

Re: Using the Code Of Ethics To Implement Statements Into Practice

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi Anu,

I think your response is good! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina

paulou@ozemail.com

Post by paulou@ozemail.com » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:46 pm

identify 3 potential indicators of potential ethical concern that you should be responsive to

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:30 am

paulou@ozemail.com wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:46 pm
identify 3 potential indicators of potential ethical concern that you should be responsive to

Check if the following helps:

Potential Ethical Issues

:geek:,
Lorina