Cert III - Cheapest Online Course

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Anju

Cert III - Cheapest Online Course

Post by Anju » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi

I do not qualify for course funding. Does anyone know the cheapest online course in childcare - online version?

Thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Cert III

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:52 am

The following topic may help you:

Cert III: Why the difference in price?

:geek:,
L.A

inkhearted

Re: Cert III - Cheapest Online Course

Post by inkhearted » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Anju! I haven't been on here in a while, but I started the above thread about differences in price. I did enroll with LIV, which cost $598--a lot cheaper than most of them around!--and am nearly done with the course now. I had misgivings about going with them because of the price but they have been extremely responsive, answering any and all questions I have within hours of me asking. Even modules are graded within a day. Highly recommended if you haven't found somewhere already!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:59 am

inkhearted wrote:Hi Anju! I haven't been on here in a while, but I started the above thread about differences in price. I did enroll with LIV, which cost $598--a lot cheaper than most of them around!--and am nearly done with the course now. I had misgivings about going with them because of the price but they have been extremely responsive, answering any and all questions I have within hours of me asking. Even modules are graded within a day. Highly recommended if you haven't found somewhere already!
Great to hear that you have had a positive experience! How long did it take you to complete the course?

L.A

inkhearted

Post by inkhearted » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:19 am

Only about 3 months! I started at the beginning of June after I got back from a trip, and will likely be finishing within the week. Only about a month of that was actual "book work" type stuff--I wasn't working, so I was able to complete about 3 modules every week. I had another month of searching for a place that would take me for practical assessment and waiting for my blue card to arrive so I could start working, and then this last month or so has been getting the practical activities done.

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi Inkhearted,

FYI once you register for your blue card generally you can actually commence practical in a centre while you wait. Although it seems strange as you have not yet been approved sometimes it can be a long wait so apparently there is a rule about it... My centre when I did it said it was ok as long as I could show my lodgement slip.

Rgs.

inkhearted

Post by inkhearted » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:36 am

Hi CCare Consultant, I actually had my blue card approved in July. I was able to start doing paid work at a centre right after applying for it at a paid place, but my actual work placement was volunteering at a different centre and they required that I had the blue card in hand first. :) It all worked out, though!

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Great news im glad it all worked out for you.
All the best.

rgs.

lilili

Post by lilili » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Can anyone update on this. LIV seems to be shut down. Or maybe their website just died

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:55 pm

lilili wrote:Can anyone update on this. LIV seems to be shut down. Or maybe their website just died
Is this what you are looking for?

LIV Training

Lorina

lilili

Post by lilili » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:21 am

Ahh thank you Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:11 pm

You're welcome! :thumbup:

Lorina

Laurascott

Post by Laurascott » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:36 am

I've been also been trying to find information on pricing. And things seem to range quite a bit between providers!

From my research I have concluded that if you get a certificate that is subsidised by the government then you could be out of pocket as little as $200.

Here's another website with a quick overview on childcare qualifications costs