Children Services Certificate 3 pay rate

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
daliveira

Children Services Certificate 3 pay rate

Post by daliveira » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:17 am

HI

I have a question in regard of the pay rate for a Certificate 3 in Children Services.

I currently just completed the Cert 3 through a traineeship.
I started the traineeship at the begining of last year and i just completed it a couple of days ago and now im just waiting for my Cert to arrive.
The child care centre that i did my traineeship is the current centre that i am still working at, at this moment.
Since i am going to jump from my traineeship pay rate to my Cert 3 pay rate, , how much should i be getting?
My boss said i will be getting paid $16.75 per hour, is that right?

Lorina

Re: Children Services Certificate 3 pay rate

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:20 am

You will be classified as a Level 3 worker since you have completed your qualification. As per the information I have obtained the minimum wage for you is around $19.00 according to the Children's Service Award 2010.

You can check out the following information available in our Wiki, under Childcare Articles:

Levels For Childcare Wages
Childcare Wages In Australia

You may need to download a copy of the Children's Service Award 2010 and show it to your director as proof of minimum wages...

:geek:,
L.A

daliveira

Post by daliveira » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi

Thanks for that. Thats an Interesting thing , she is the one that showed the children services award paper to me but funny thing is I had to explain it to her as she was saying I am level 1.1 but I clearly explained that I was on level " 3.1 commencment" which is $19.95 p/h. I also called 5 other centres and also called and visited fairwork.gov.au all which confirmed that I was right.

Now That I have all the right Info and i have. realised why no employees want to work there . Bosss keeps making various excuses .
Anyways can I get them introuble for slave labour! Well only if they dont start paying right within 2 days as I have given a time limit to get things right whilst my cert 3 officially drafted up this money.

Regards

T

ViviChieng

Post by ViviChieng » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi,

This information given is a lifesaving for me as it gives me the courage to re-approach the general manager again to discuss/review my pay rate which is $17.30. Currently, I am working at the childcare centre after completed my Certificate III in Children's Services and solely responsible looking after the school age children as a Educator's assistant. As for the vacation care, I was being told that I do not have lunch break. My lunch hour is the same as the children. Is it true? Another thing is that I have been told that I must plan the curriculum program for the schoolies for the month of February as it is my responsibility. Furthermore, on the starting of the first two weeks of the school term my working hours are from 7:30am - 4:00pm instead of 7:30-10:00am then 2:30pm - 5:00pm as agreed on the contract. Please advise on this situation. I am at the verge of quitting already.

Many thanks,
CY

lib67

Post by lib67 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi, just wondering if someone can give me an idea of the pay rate for a 17 & 18 year old Trainee doing their Cert III in NSW please. Thanks in advance.

daliveira

CHCPOL002 Policy Questions

Post by daliveira » Tue May 01, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me answer this question, it would be a great help.

Current trends in Early Childhood/School Age policies

What are these current trends and what new policies have been developed because of these trends? (This may be in the last few years)

Kind regards
Dalia

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun May 06, 2018 1:40 am

lib67 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:30 pm
Hi, just wondering if someone can give me an idea of the pay rate for a 17 & 18 year old Trainee doing their Cert III in NSW please. Thanks in advance.

Do you still need this information?

:geek:,
Lorina