CHCIC511A - Examples Of Anti Bias Language

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sparks

CHCIC511A - Examples Of Anti Bias Language

Post by Sparks » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC511A Implement and promote inclusive policies and practices TASK 2
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi everyone,

I have been out of childcare for a few years and currently restarting my diploma. I am really stuck with all the new anti bias policies :(

The question is as follows BUT what I am asking is, I understand what anti bias is I am just unsure of how to give an example, can some body PLEASE give me an example so I have something to go off? I'm currently doing placement at a FDC but it isn't as helpful as I hoped.

CHCIC511A Implement and promote inclusive policies and practices
Task 2
Part A: Anti-bias language
1. You are to create six (6) positive statements using anti-bias language that you will use with children in the service. You are to cover the following points:
 Gender
 Culture
 Ability
 Socio-economic status

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have an understanding of "anti bias language", just unsure of how to put pen to paper so to speak.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been changed

Lorina

Re: CHCIC511A T2

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:03 am

Some examples include:

Images of men and women in non-stereotypical roles such as:

Girls and women depicted as physical and strong, in leadership roles and having occupations in fields such as sports, science, mechanics, etc.
Boys and men showing emotions other than anger, participating in domestic tasks, providing care for families, and having occupations in fields such as dance, nursing, cooking, etc.

I'm also attaching a copy of cultural diversity within a centre... You should be able to get some ideas from it.

[attachment=0]diversity-in-practice-tipsheet-2.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sparks

Re: CHCIC511A T2

Post by Sparks » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:31 am

Thank you L.A :) very appreciated