Childcare room set-up ideas, strategies for teaching children, group times, Montessori teaching and more..
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:51 pm
Children as young as three years old can grasp financial concepts like money management. The sooner parents start taking advantage of everyday teachable money moments, the better off our kids will be. Start with the function of money: https://learning.covoji.com/economy/what-is-money/
Lesson for kids:
- Playing a matching game to help them identify different coins.
- Teach them the value of coins and encourage them to save their coins in a piggy bank.
- Playing store or restaurant with pretend money
- Play money games that encourage learning. Board games, online games, and homemade games are all possibilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:38 pm
I'm really glad I found this discussion. I bought my older son a book called "A Dog Called Money", he really liked it. I think I'm going to spend more time on it in the new year.