What made you laugh this week?

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
JesstheHufflepuff

Re: What made you laugh this week?

Post by JesstheHufflepuff » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:18 pm

When I was at work placement last year, three boys and a girl particularly made me laugh.

I was at the 3 to 5 year old room and a 4-year-old boy and a 3-year-old girl came running up to me and told me that they were boyfriend and girlfriend. The look on their parents faces when they came to pick them up was a classic!

Next week, I was allocated to the 6 month to 2-year-old room and this 11-month-old boy refused to wear his coat when it was cold. However when it was sunny he insisted to place his coat on. He eventually let us take it off/on. He slid down the slide and touched my shoulder and I got a friction zap which made me wince. He laughed and kept doing it. At least we both thought it was funny.

The following week, I was allocated to the 2 to 3-year-old room and this 2-year-old just started to hang on to me all day and I heard him call me 'mummy'. I tell him firmly my name is Jess, but he insisted in calling me his mummy. I thought it was a bit funny, but I kept the giggles to myself. I don't think his mother was very pleased with me when he shouted to me 'bye mummy, see you tommorrow!'. I apologised and explained to her I tried to get him to call me Jess.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:25 am

Thanks for sharing! Children are so innocent and honest!

:geek:,
Lorina

JesstheHufflepuff

Post by JesstheHufflepuff » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:51 pm

No problem! :giggle: Yes, they are!! :lol: