Types of toddler bed?

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
faeriepc

Types of toddler bed?

Post by faeriepc » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi All,
I am a Family Day Care Educator and have several children who still have day time sleeps that are over the weight limit for portacots. Current recommended weight limit is 15kg. I need something that doesnt take up much more room than a portacot and at a reasonable cost. Lightweight so I could stand it against the wall when not in use would be awesome too :) Any suggestions???

Lorina

Re: Types of toddler bed?

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:47 am

Some of the types of beds I've seen used in childcare are stretcher beds (which stack on top of each other) and floor mats (which were hung on the wall using steel hooks). I found a site which has a picture of each just to give you an idea of what they look like. You can probably find something cheaper from another company because they are quite expensive from here.

http://www.childcaresupplies.com.au/content/beds.htm

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

faeriepc

Post by faeriepc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanks LA for your suggestion, have had a look and am now considering toddler beds. I wouldnt feel comfortable putting my own children on a camp cot or mat on the floor to sleep so it doesnt feel right to do it to other peoples children. Maybe I'm just soft lol

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I think using mats are fine... It's like camping! You've never slept on a mat before? :giggle:

As long as you cover the mat with a bed sheet or something then it shouldn't be a problem....

:geek:,
L.A

faeriepc

Post by faeriepc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:05 am

Thanks, took that under advisement and found a stacking bed on aussie website playsafekids :)
Sorry, my permissions dont allow me to post a link

and no I have never slept on a mat, we had blow up lilos when I was a kid lol
Thanks so much for your help :)