Termination

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
krogden1@hotmail.com

Termination

Post by krogden1@hotmail.com » Sun May 19, 2024 4:57 am

I wanted to ask what are the regulations for terminating on the spot ,

I was at work and was not told I was senior educator that day , we have only one child who is in nappies and everyone else goes to the toilet on their own. And and two other educators missed this child’s nappy by mistake and as I went on break I thought the educators had done his nappy which was not the case , me being silly and was a genuine mistake loved that it had been done . The other two girls got a slap on the wrist while because I had loved the nappy and didn’t do it and also was senior educator I got terminated on the spot . I am trying to find the regulations and if this is correct but can’t find it anywhere they said it was fraudulent and mis conduct and wanted to get insight . Please no bad comments already feel like **** and know we should have done it as it was a genuine mistake , this is also the first time ever we forgot his nappy .

Lorina

Re: Termination

Post by Lorina » Mon May 20, 2024 11:57 am

So, you were terminated on the spot because you forgot to change a child's nappy?

Has anything else happened? Have you been given any warnings prior to this incident?

In my opinion this is unlawful termination... for an incident like this a written warning would of suffice. I don't understand why you were terminated.

Did something else happen?

:geek:,
Lorina