Setting the room up

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
123gcj

Setting the room up

Post by 123gcj » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 pm

O.k great thanks for answering my last question. got a new question. once i get started i was thinking about making up a daily reflection book to have on display for parents to see with photo's and writing about the day e.g. what we focused on what the children enjoyed about the day, activities we did etc. Then my next step was to try and do up obs of say 2-3 children a week and file away. Then also have a portfolio book where we put photos of the children and link the eylf to the photo and write about how we can extend the activty etc. and also add there craft work to the portfolio and link them to the eylfs and write about how the child went while doing the craft etc.
With all this i will have up the weekly program on the wall I like to mind map with the program so i would have the week we are up to then have all the outcomes up and branch out from the outcomes the activities for the week. How does this sound to everyone will i be covering enough do you think or will i need more can someone tell me please. can everyone give me some tips on how they run there rooms as team leaders. Could really use all the tips and help i can get. thanks everyone!

Lorina

Re: Setting the room up

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi There,

I'm adding a link to an article I wrote on this site, under Resources, Childcare Profesonals about how to set up the room environment in a Childcare setting: Room Set Up - Physical Environment

The suggestions you have made in your post is a good start to your role as a room leader... As far as documentation wise you pretty much got everything covered... Just don't forget to gather family input to use as part of your program.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A