Role of Educational Leader / Working with Children Check?

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Miss T

Role of Educational Leader / Working with Children Check?

Post by Miss T » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi, I've taken on a new position at a private center. I requested that I would like to be the "Educational Leader" it is a small center- 22 chn. I am the only Diploma trained person so my employer said ok. Over the years, I felt I've worked so hard but then be shut down by the ECT- who have generally been the Nominated supervisor/ Educational Leader.

My question is, what is the role exactly lol... I know bits and pieces to what i've seen from previous colleagues. My employer is the owner of the center and has no experience in childcare, she took over the center in March- theres been no portfolios done- no obs or follow ups.

My other question is, with the new working with chn check, what is the procedure there? do I need to pay for it? My employer mentioned I need to register online... I don't know where to. I dont see her until Friday and I want this to be done so I can send the approval no. to the place thats processing my supervisor certificate.

Feel free to send me essays :) and links to x
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: New Position- Whats an Educational Leader and working with chn check?

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:21 am

I am in QLD but perhaps this is what you need
http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with ... dren-Check

This may give you an idea of what an Educational Leader does
An Educational Leader is a suitably qualified and experienced educator, co-ordinator or other individual that will lead the development and implementation of education programs in the service. Being an early childhood teacher does not mean you are automatically the educational leader of a service. - taken from http://www.careforkids.com.au/childcare ... ffing.html

Basically you oversee the programming and planning, share ideas and opinions and mentor people

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Here is some more information on what an Educational Leader's role is within an early childhood setting:

[attachment=0]Educational Leader.pdf[/attachment]
:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Just wanted to also ask, how is it all going be the educational leader at your centre?

Have you made any improvements or changes to the documentation?

:geek:,
L.A