Procrastination

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
cathiek
Coach
Coach

Procrastination

Post by cathiek » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi all
Just wondering how many of you do, like I do, and settle down at the computer to do paperwork, reporting, portfolios etc, and fine yourself finding so many wonderful ideas on the web for new activities, new ways of doing things, and sites like this, that you spend more time procrastinating, and checking out new and wonderful stuff, than actually getting on with what you are supposed to :)
I started off researching for my Christmas concert and writing report comments, but ended up doing everything else but :(
I will pay for this during the week I suppose.
Cheers
Cathie

syakira
Helper
Helper

Re: Procrastination

Post by syakira » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Cathie,

I know what you're going thru. You can easily get lost on the internet.

For the past two weekends I've been working on my Focus child portfolio, Group Portfolio and complete assessment tasks for placement. On top of that I'm trying to complete one assignment. Almost done.

I can't afford to procrastinate. This is my last week for my final practical assessment for my placement. And no more classes after next week.

I have 3 assignments to complete this month.

I keep telling myself. One more week to go, then I finish my Diploma. YAY ! ! !

Hope you get your work done Cathie.

Bye Syakira

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:20 am

I put my hand up... I'm a procrastinator too!!!

When I'm supposed to be doing one thing, I find something else that always seems to be more interesting... Funny how I never come across these things any other time...lol...

When it comes to crunch time I always seem to get the job time... I don't know I guess I like the pressure! :giggle:

:geek:,
L.A

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Same here guys. I find I do most things under pressure these days. See here I am on this site when I should be documenting. Oh well I find it gives me a bit of ME TIME for a few minutes and I often find motivation so I guess you could call it resourcing!!!!
Have a great day

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi my names Lindy and I'm a procrastinator.
Has been a whole 2 seconds since I last procrastinated. Ooh look sparkle box has some new pages..............

Hmmm Grandma I like your thinking.
From now on I shall call it resourcing

"Sorry Assessor my paperwork is not complete as I was resourcing"

Works well thanks grandma!

Isn't it amazing how easily we get distracted! Maybe we are more like the children we work with than we care to admit :giggle:

Alisona

Post by Alisona » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 pm

I, too am a procrastinator. It is just sooo easy to deviate to the web when working on the computer. I have found a fix for this - a download that will block your access to the internet for a period of time set by you. I can now settle down to do some computer work, decide how long I am going to do it for and set the program for this period of time - magic! And a more productive computer session.