Motivation Needed for getting back to work!

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Motivation Needed for getting back to work!

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi everybody,
its been awhile since I've been on this forum... Things have been a little difficult for me in the past 6 months. I've been in and out of hospital for most part of the year due to my health complications and I resigned from work. It's been a hard year and now I'm finally on the road to recovery. I still have to take plenty of rest and looking forward to getting back to work at the beginning of next year. I've been out of it for so long, I feel like I've missed out on so many changes that have happened in Childcare since I've been away. I just need some motivation I guess to get back into a routine and back into the swing of things... Anyone have any advice on how I can make a fresh start?

Lorina

Re: Motivation Needed for getting back to work!

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 am

Hi Catchmeifucan,

Welcome Back!! I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t been well… it sounds like you’ve been through a tough year!

Hope you’re feeling much better and the New Year brings you prosperous health!

I completely understand about needing motivation to get back into work, especially after being away for a long time. It can be quite challenging to get back into a routine at the beginning but after a few weeks you will settle into work life, the hours, the paperwork and everything else will eventually fall into place.

When starting a new position, try and get yourself into a routine, get a good night’s sleep and I’m sure you will be eager and excited to get started into childcare again which will give you enough motivation. There are a lot of job opportunities available so I’m sure you can find something which you will enjoy!

With whatever position you end up finding, this is an opportunity to bring your experiences and your ideas into the work place. Yes, things have changed in childcare but in my opinion that has to do with the EYLF and NQS. Once you got your head around these you pretty much up to date with what is happening.

I’m glad to have you back on the forum!

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Thank you L.A for your reassurance and motivation. yeah it has been a tough year. I am feeling a lot better now that I was. Been really weak too but my health seems to be moving forward now. I am thinking of maybe starting as a part time and work only 2-3 days a week first before I move to a full time position. Working as a part time will also save me from paperwork worries at least at the beginning. My doc has said that I should be good to work full time but I think I might find it a bit hard and too tiring after not working over 6 months. I have spoken to my centre where I had just started working on May this year in Frenchs Forrest but I soon left due to my health. They are happy to take me back now that I am feeling better so it should save me time from looking for a new job. I will have a chat with the director in January next year once the centre re-opens after xmas break so I can work out my shifts and on how I am gonna get started. looking forward to work with kids again!

thank you again for your support l.a. It is good to be back here ofcourse. I missed accn. There has been quite a few good changes in this site while I was away. Good Job to you all!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:37 am

Hi Again,

That's so good you get to go back to your centre... You must be a great asset to your centre! At least you know the staff, children and families so it won't be as hard as starting at a new centre! That's awesome!

Yeah, I think you should only be working part time for now, just for awhile to see how you go then once you settle in you can continue with full time work...

Yes, we have had a few changes to the site over the past 6 months! We are busy little bees working hard on this site! It really takes a lot of work running and managing a website...not easy at all!!

Well I guess I'll see you around the forum!!

Take care of yourself!!

L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 am

Welcome back catchmeifucan.
Remember to be kind to yourself.

It is a great idea to start back part time.

I wish you every success!

Hugs
Lindy

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Welcome back
Sorry to hear you have been so unwell but good to know you are better and back to work soon.

I would ease back into it, too much too soon could be bad for your health too.

It’s good you can go back to your old centre as you won’t be starting a new job in a new place, which can be stressful.

Just take it easy and start slow and build it up as you feel more up to it.

XXX

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:25 am

Thank you L.A, LindyT and fefe76. I am looking forward for next year. Got a lot of bills to take of too. :cry:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Just a quick update. I had a meeting with my centre co-ordinator this week and she is happy to get me started on a 2 days a week roster until I am ready to work there full time. That's a huge relief. Will be working on tues and thurs for the next few weeks and I am looking forward to get started next week! I was nervous first and I'm sure things will be back on a roll. Getting moral support from you guys, browsing this forum and replying to topics here brought me the rhythm and reminded me how much I miss working with kids.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm

That's great news!

I know you have been looking forward in getting back to work and two days a week is a good way to start!

I understand that you may be feeling nervous but it's ok, you'll be alright after the first week!

Im sure the staff and children will be excited to see a familiar face back at the centre...

I wish you all the best!

L.A