Leisure Centre Creche - Volunteering Staff

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
chnguyen82

Leisure Centre Creche - Volunteering Staff

Post by chnguyen82 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi

I work in a limited hours type 2 license creche that is part of a leisure centre.
Recently they have been 'volunteering' staff from other areas of the centre (ie customer service) to make up for creche staff ratios.

I'm just an assistant, so not really sure if it is my place to say anything but is what they're doing OK or should they really be going through an agency for emergency staff for the sake of a couple of hours?

TIA for your thoughts.

Lorina

Re: Leisure Centre Creche - Volunteering Staff

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi There,

I'm not very familiar with crèche's myself however I did recently read some information in regards to volunteering staff. The volunteering staff don't necessarily have to be a child care qualified person to work in a crèche however they should have the basic skills and knowledge They should always be supervised by someone who hold a minimum Diploma qualification and need to get a "working with children's" check done since they will be working with children.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:20 pm

What state are you in so I can have a look at the necessary guidelines for you...

:geek:,
Lorina

chnguyen82

Post by chnguyen82 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi Lorina

I am Victoria.
Another thing I should probably add is that the staff coming in from other areas of the centre are volunteering their time, not necessarily their pay cheques

Thank you for your insight
Any additional information would be great! :)