Indoor and Outdoor Space Per Child

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lems

Indoor and Outdoor Space Per Child

Post by Lems » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi,

Just wanting to clarify what "unencumbered" means in the regulatory space requirements. Does it mean just the open floor space or is furniture included in the calculations?

Thanks in advance :)

Lorina

Re: Indoor and Outdoor Space Per Child

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:43 pm

I think it's referring to open floor space...

Is there anything else you need to clarify or I can help with?

:geek:
Lorina

Lems

Post by Lems » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:23 pm

That's what I was thinking too. The rooms at my centre seem too small and cluttered to be holding the amount of children that they have been assessed as being able to hold. Will clarify with my manager whether the furniture was included in the calculations. And I'm assuming the space requirements are in place so that children aren't packed in too tight? My centre seems to be using them as a means of packing in as many children as possible. Seems way too similar to the whole free range chickens issue. Kids are not chickens :(

summer

Post by summer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:55 am

3.25sm per child indoors is calculated by the space across the whole building, not the space in the actual room where the children are. Stupid as the space in the room is where you would assume