Handling incidents

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
a9898
Participator
Participator

Handling incidents

Post by a9898 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi,

There has been a few issues in our room and I know its no excuse to be cutting corners and mistakes do happen. And when they do, we have to improve or look at what can be done so that it doesnt happen again. Its coming up to a year since i started working full time out of tafe with lack of experience. As these are my first major issues, and I tell myself 'what is done is done, have to be more careful and learn from it so doesnt happen' but finding it hard to...as im the type to dwell on it for a really long time. It's been up and down journey for me, always learning things everyday, trial and error with my practice and busy routines in the room as im working with babies. It has taken a toll on me as its busy in the room as well as my first time working in a team environment and dealing with conflict and complaints. has really made me feel im not right for the field and i guess my lack of many things (effective communication, experiences/ set ups and group times) doesnt help either.

Dont know where i'm going but looking for advices or experiences?

Thanks