Contract information

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Chany

Contract information

Post by Chany » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:04 am

Hi everyone I was wondering does anyone know the minimum time an employer should give to tell you if you have a job If you are on a minimum 6 month maternity position and your contract finishes 31st of January. I'm currently working at a centre and my contract finishes on the date above. Also that date happens to be a Thursday is that your last working day or should it be the Friday. Also should I approach the employer two weeks before I'm meant to finish or wait for them to speak to me.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic moved from general discussion to supporting childcare workers at work

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Contract information

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Whether or not you are on a contract I think its advisable that your employer gives you two weeks notice if they want you to finish up the contract. We as employees are required to give a minimum of two weeks so I'm assuming its the same for employers.

The contract states a minimum of 6 months so this could also mean that your employer will need you for a longer amount of time than what it says in the contract.

Its best to go and speak to your employer about your concerns and whether or not they require you to work more than what it stipulates in the contract. I dont think its necessary for you to wait just ask so you know where you stand and whether or not you need to find a new job soon.