Concerned after first week of work

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
CLARISSHA

Concerned after first week of work

Post by CLARISSHA » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi,

I started my first job as a working towards cert 3 educator in a Centre last week. I was concerned to see the children do not wash hands before meal times, personal items such as dummies were not labelled or able to be identified by the Educators and a lack of resources available to the children e.g. no books in the room. I was very concerned when I realised there was no outdoor play despite the good weather for the week and when I was left with 17 toddlers alone and then with 1 other Educator during lunch breaks and at the start of the day until staff came in, however there was only 4 Educators working and some of the days there was only 3. I questioned the Educators and they said it was always like this, I asked about handwashing and they said it was tricky to do with so many children. I am really concerned for the wellbeing of the children but also feel like this isn't the Centre for me and would like to resign. Who do I raise this with?

Lorina

Re: Concerned after first week of work

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:19 am

Since you have just started at the centre, you should currently be on probation.

You only need to give 1-week notice.

You will need to write a letter of resignation and hand it/email it to the Director of the service.

Hope this helps!!

:geek:,
Lorina

CLARISSHA

Re: Concerned after first week of work

Post by CLARISSHA » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:55 am

Thank you for your reply,

I have resigned and have a week to go.