combining rooms during low occupancy

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
sandyhankin

combining rooms during low occupancy

Post by sandyhankin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:11 am

Hi,

Our numbers are dropping and we are going to have to combine rooms. I want to use the kindy room as it is larger. There are no nappy changing facilities in there. Am I allowed to have children in the Kindy room if they are in nappies? Is it legal?

When they need their nappy changed should one team member take them back to the toddler room to change them? Is that legal?

We currently have a policy that states we can change nappies while the children are standing up in the bathroom. But what about the children who need to use a proper nappy change area?

Sandy

Lorina

Re: combining rooms during low occupancy

Post by Lorina » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Yes, in my opinion, it is fine to have the children in the one room however I would suggest for nappy changes to go back to the toddler room to use the nappy change facilities, however, please make sure that you're in ratio when going back and forth for nappy changes.

For toddlers toilet training, changing nappies standing up is fine because you can take the nappy off, sit them on the toilet and then put the nappy on. For the younger ones who have trouble standing then you will need to take them back to the nappy change room....

Hope it helps!

:geek:,
Lorina