Childcare companies suitable for working mothers

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
pixie0228

Childcare companies suitable for working mothers

Post by pixie0228 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Hello everyone!
I am a childcare educator, currently employed in a company, but I am pregnant and about to give birth in May. I am planning to stay in my company for a bit after my maternity leave, but I would like to know other companies which supports working mothers. Is there any companies out there providing discounted childcare, perhaps paid leave if I have to take care of my child? I love my current company, but they are not so supportive of their employees who are also mothers. Mothers seem to struggle working in my company, and I'd like to find alternatives who would provide a good job security. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much! :)

Kindest regards,

Pixie

Lorina

Re: Childcare companies suitable for working mothers

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi Pixie,

First off "Congratulations" on your little one! May is not too far ahead and I myself have a May Baby (although she will be 4 this year)! In regards to working for a company which supports working mothers, I think that you should find a centre where you may be interested in working and speak to the Director or even HR about your circumstances and see how they can support you. Some centres do offer staff discounts for their child's fees (one of my previous centres was 15%) and as long as you got accumulated leave and working full time/part time you will be paid leave for 10 days per year.

How long are you going to have off once you have your baby?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Just wanted to add that you don't have to look primarily at big franchises... Privately owned childcare services may also be able to provide you with support and flexibility when taking your child into care as well.

I would probably suggest you start ringing around centres and see what information you can gather than base it on that.

:geek:,
Lorina

Miss Theo

Post by Miss Theo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi pixie,
Have you had a meeting with your current employer about your maternity leave and subsequent return to work? I believe you are legally entitled to 6 or 12 months leave and to come back to your job with current employer at same level, hours and conditions...... The question I'd be asking is do you feel happy with the type of care you witness at your centre, would you be happy to leave your child with your co-Workers? If you get a discount it's an added bonus
:-) cheers