Boosting Morale and team work

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
saz_123

Boosting Morale and team work

Post by saz_123 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I have just recently been stepped up to director because my director was just over everything at work. We have been through alot of problems at work and the girls are just feeling low and have lost motivation. We also have NQS coming up in the next few weeks....I was hoping someone would have some ideas to boost morale and team work. I need to do something to get these girls to want to improve and want to make their rooms the best they can be! Any ideas would help me so much!

Lorina

Re: Boosting Morale and team work

Post by Lorina » Thu May 10, 2012 8:52 am

I think that it's important to have a discussion with the girls about any concerns they may have and provide an opportunity for the girls to share ideas on how they want to improve the centre.  You should also talk to each of the girls to get an idea on where they seem themselves and what they expect from the centre.Such as wanting further qualifications, going on professional development courses etc. You should also try and get an understanding of how the girls are finding the documentation and how you are implementing the framework in your centre and whether or not changes need to be made. To boost team morale some things you could try include:

- Writing a daily funny quote in the staff room.
- Organize a staff dinner at the centre or go out to eat. 
- Give each staff member a thank you card for all their hard work. 
- Set up a monthly reward system.
- Write up daily reminders on the NQS.
- Each month write a blurb in the newsletter about a staff member. 

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Boosting Morale and team work

Post by LindyT » Thu May 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Great advice from L.A!

Also see if the girls have ideas on how to fix the things that are bringing their morale down. They can be part of the solution.

Remember to look after yourself and be kind to yourself too! You have a BIG job ahead.

:thumbup: