Pregnancy High School

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
MizzTique

Pregnancy High School

Post by MizzTique » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd use a little advice from some experienced women who have been in my friends situation...

She just found out that she is pregnant and she is currently in high school, I was totally shocked when she told me and well as a friend I want to gain some knowledge into the expectations and options that are available for my friend.

Also if there is anyone there who had a teenage pregnancy I'd like to hear your story!!!

Any info much appreciated...

MizzTique

Re: pregnancy high school

Post by MizzTique » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi All,

She is more worried about how her parents will react then how much she cares about anyone at school finding out. Her parents have high expectations for her and this will definately be a shock to the family.

In my opinion I really don't know what she should do...I'm basically no help myself...we are just trying to weigh the options both for and against...

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Hey MizzTique, I was in the same situation as your friend was in awhile ago now. I had just completed high school, moved out of home with my friends. I was seeing a guy during this time and I became pregnant.

I was scared and shocked and well I didnt know what to do. All i knew was that I wasn't ready to have a baby and I wanted an abortion. I went to my doctor and when they confirmed the pregnancy I told them I wanted an abortion. I didnt tell any one about this, just my friend who came to the clinic with me, I was two and a half months pregnant at the time.

Now I made this descision because I was able to face it emotionally, it doesnt make me a murderer because I chose to abort my pregnancy...yes I look back it now and wonder what my lfe would of been like but i certainly dont regret it, I chose a different path. I can accept what I did all those years ago because I knew my body, my circumstances, my life wasnt right for a baby...This doesnt make me a bad person...dont let peope judge you, you do what is right for you...

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Just wanted to share a little something.
Regardless of age an unplanned pregnancy can shock the heck out of you.
I had one while in Uni, I was 22 and there was no way I could have had the child due to cultural + personal reasons so I had an abortion.
I am now 35 & suffering from infertility and probably can never have a child now... my husband and I have been trying for 7 years and we have done everything (IVF etc)
It is hard for me to read about teenagers etc just getting pregnant but I will say everyone does what is right at the time and the thought never enters ones head that maybe when they want kids they wont be able to
Please ask your friend to think hard about her decision
Regret is a horrid thing to live with and I know as I have been living with it for the past 7 years

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 am

Hi fefe,

I am so sorry to hear your story...its so sad!! :(

you know what...I had an abortion years ago since I thought that was the best decision at that time. I was young and stupid and hence this unplanned pregnancy. But now I am beginning to think and worry "What if I can't get pregnant again?" Not that I am planning or trying to get pregnant now..but at the back of my mind this worry is still there! I believe in Karma and I hope this karma doesnt bite me back..

Can I ask you something...are you suffering from infertility as a result of the abortion you did years ago or is it completely a different issue?

I can just imagine how hard it must be for you and that too when you are working with kids all the time...My heart reaches out to you...

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:32 am

It is unexplained Infertility (whatever the heck that means anyway!!) from all the tests etc I have had there was never anything wrong with my tubes or hormones etc but I just cannot seem to conceive and the 3 times I have done have ended in an ectopic or M/C b4 the 6 week mark
Life is hard and this is very hard, esp as my career is dealing with small children, sometimes it breaks my heart but I try to be strong.
Just wanted people to know that this is a possibility and if they have a chance to have a child and somehow make it work not to have an abortion, because you just never know
I would hate for someone else to be in my position and constantly regret decisions, though even if I went back I still wouldn't have had that child, as I just could not, it was not possible at all for me, but I would have then tried to start having children sooner than I did and not wait so long to get things checked when I didnt

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:55 am

I can see that you are a strong woman and thats what you need when in a position like you! I am really really sorry to hear this fefe..I dont know what to say.. :(

Your message to everyone out there is pretty clear and people can definetely learn from what you have to live with! Going through IVF and trying to conceive is not only expensive, I can imagine how much worse it makes you feel when it fails..I think its a lesson for everyone - we always think that we have our whole life planned but there are things in life that we just cannot plan for! I just hope that you continue to stay strong! I really hope that things change for you one day...

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:21 pm

thank you for your kind words.
its what i say to everyone
1. don't map out your life, things do not always go to plan
2. think about all decision esp such big ones as having children etc as if things change down the line u don't want to feel guilty/regret etc
anyway such is life and these are the cards I have been dealt, I am just trying to learn how to come to terms with it all