Pregnancy

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kaybabe

Pregnancy

Post by kaybabe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 am

Hey, i was on the rod for ceonception. They took it out on the 19th of august, and then i went on the vag ring for two days, i decided i wanted to become pregnant so i took it out on the 20th, and then i got my period on the 23rd and it ended on the 26th. i took a pregnancy test 5 days ago on the 9th of september, and it said i wasnt pregnant, so how long do i have to wait till i know that i am pregnant. ive been having unprotected sex everyday for the past month.

Thank-youu :)

Lorina

Re: Pregnancy

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Kaybabe,

its exciting time for you!

"so how long do i have to wait till i know that i am pregnant."

Its only your first month. Have a look and see how you go from here on. Realistically not many people get pregnant within a month of trying. But the chances increases from the next month onwards. I read somewhere that a fertile couple has about 20% to 25% chance of getting pregnant in each menstrual cycle of unprotected sex. This is just an average and it changes for some people. It also depends on your age, fertility, diet, weight, lifestyle, health and more. They all have effects on pregnancy.

In your case I dont think the vag ring should have that much effect since you only had it on for 2 days. Since your period had finished on aug 26th, its only really been 3 weeks. Chances will be high next month..You can chat to your doctor as well if you still cant get pregnant after few months of trying if you want. But I dont think you should be worried about it too much right now.

There are some useful articles on pregnany in this website itself. It might be worth reading to get some more ideas...

1) Trying to Conceive – How to get Pregnant

2) Pregnancy

3) Pregnancy Preconception Health

4) Pregnancy Diagnosis

more articles can be found in our "Pregnancy Resources".

Update us on how things progress for you. Have fun!

:geek:,
L.A

naomi marie

Re: Pregnancy

Post by naomi marie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:52 pm

i fell pregnant with my first with in three months of having the rod taken out but had trouble falling pregnant the second time around n when we did i misscarried then after that i didnt even want to try, but we did try again i ended falling pregnant with my beautiful baby girl...... i found it was harder to fall pregnant the second time round.... now i have my two beautiful children a 2n half yr old boy n a 1 year old daughter.....