Any tips to help morning sickness?

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
mumof2010

Any tips to help morning sickness?

Post by mumof2010 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm two and a half months pregnant and I have morning sickness...How long does morning sickness last for? ...I cant stand the smell of food and most of the times I eat I vomit...I feel so nauseated...I just want to eat or get up in the morning without throwing up...does any mums out there have any tips or suggestions that could help me with the morning sickness and nausea? I'm open to any ideas...

Lorina

Re: Any tips to help morning sickness?

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Welcome to the world of pregnancy! Oh honey the fun is only just starting morning sickness can last up to the forth month of pregnancy... here are some tips you could try to help with the morning sickness...

1. Always eat smaller simpler foods (nothing spicy or highly acidic foods such as lemons or tomatoes).

2. After you eat lie down for a few minutes, it will help settle your tummy.

3. Eat a dry saltine cracker in the morning before breakfast.

4. Try eating bland food in the morning will help to digest breakfast

5. Ginger ale and crackers are a great remedy.

6. Drink lemonade or smell a lemon this will help settle your stomach.

7. Eat potato chips - they have potassium.

8. Lemons are a great cure for morning sickness. Add a slice to a cup of hot water and sip it throughout the day. Try lemon juice in cold water or suck on a lemon slice...

9. Drink powerade... it replaces plenty of fluid and actually stopped me from feeling nauseated, it also helped with the morning sickness.

10. Try a little vegimite on some toast...

Morning sickness can be different for each individual. For one of my friend, I heard that eating junk food was the only thing that made her feel any better. Chocolate, chips, you name it. As long as she had something in her tummy the nausea stayed away.

Listen to your body!!! If something makes you nauseous, stay away from it. Try to find the food that makes a difference in how you feel when you were experiencing nausea.

Morning sickness can be frustrating... a small price to pay to bring a beautiful child into this world...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Re: Any tips to help morning sickness?

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:45 am

Hi New Mummies!

Morning sickness is a common reaction your body has while being pregnant!

I have written an articles called "Pregnancy-Morning Sickness and Nausea" which is available in this site (just use the search box at the top to find this article). This article will help you cope with "Morning Sickness" during the first 3 to 4 months of pregnancy, practical info on "Why the morning sickness and nausea", "Morning sickness and nausea relief", "Foods to avoid during pregnancy" "Dealing with Morning sickness" and much more...

Have a read.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A