17 and pregnant.

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
mommy2b2010

17 and pregnant.

Post by mommy2b2010 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi my name is Dhani. Im 17 and four months pregnant. i just want to hear peoples stories and just learn and i dont know i just want to know about the different experiences everyone goes through. so pls write let me know. =)

Lorina

Re: 17 and pregnant.

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi Dhani,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Even though you may be only 17 you are still bringing a child into this world and for that...Congratulations!!

It can be tough being pregnant at such a young age but then again a lot depends on your circumstances. Some parents are completely against it and relatives may be no better, "friends" may not be any help either. I think it can be a massive shock to everyone around you that's why you feel as if you have no one to support you. I mean at 17 you should be ready to finish high school, get a job, travel, a first real bf, maybe but not a baby that's why it's so difficult...

Keep your head down and don't take everything that's said to you personally. As you mature throughout your pregnancy you will begin to realize the more important part of your life...your baby. Your parents, your relatives and your friends will come around. Once you hold your little one in your arms nothing else matters...

:geek:,
L.A

mommy2b2010

Post by mommy2b2010 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:50 pm

i understand where you are coming from...so im relating =)...although i do have my moms help not my baby daddy but my family is against it and calling me all types of sorts of names...and i will keep you posted. i have my docs appt. this week hopefully i find out what i will be having =)..if not than next week =). thank you =)
Dhani

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm so glad to hear that your mum is supporting you. When you are pregnant that's the best support you can count on :D.

:geek:,
L.A

chickamum

Post by chickamum » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Dhania,

My cousin became pregnant when she was in her senior year of high school. She and her boyfriend got married the summer after graduation and had the baby a few months later. It's been difficult for them financially, but they're happy and they have a lot of love in their lives, which is all that matters. There are many public assistance programs for young pregnant women that you might qualify for. You might be able to get access to healthcare, insurance and education. Google "government programs for single pregnant women" and see what comes up. Make sure you go to a ".gov" site, as that is the only assurance that you're not on a scammy site. Good luck. :thumbup:

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi Dhania,

Welcome to Motherhood and the highs and lows.
It is good to see you reaching out to find support.
Do you have a Maternal Health Nurse that could put you in touch with other young Moms and/or a support group.
Please look after yourself and do let us know how you are progressing.
Although I was not a young Mom I do know how much your child bring to your world.
Cherish every second of it. You have a miracle beating under your heart!