Art & Craft Ideas For Harmony & Grandparents Day

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kyle181

Art & Craft Ideas For Harmony & Grandparents Day

Post by kyle181 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello
next week we have harmony day and also grandparents morning tea and we have to do some activies with the children. for harmony day i was going to do boomarangs..i have 2 to 3 year olds any ideas for both those days please and thankyou
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic has been moved from General Discussion forum, topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Art & Craft Ideas For Harmony & Grandparents Day

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:27 am

For Harmony Day you could create a Harmony Tree and get all the children to trace and decorate their hands, cut them out and add them to the tree. When their families arrive to collect them they can also add their hand to the harmony tree. You could also include doves which symbolizes peace.

For Grandparents Day if possible do something like a photo frame and add a photo. Around the photo frame you can include something like " I love my Grandpa because... I Love my Grandma because..." Finish off with what each child says...

Hope this gives you some ideas,

:geek:,
L.A

kyle181

Post by kyle181 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Alsome thank you so much :)

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:39 pm

I remember doing a handprint flower bouquet for Mother’s day but you can also do it for Grandparents day. Make child handprints from different coloured paints, cut them out and stick each hand onto coloured cardboard, add green pipe cleaner or green straws to each flower hand print, gather them together to creat a bouquet and tie colourful ribbon.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:32 am

You can get more ideas on how to celebrate multiculturalism in the following article available in our Wiki, in Childcare:

Celebrating Multiculturalism In Childcare

:geek:,
L.A