How to make your body ready for birth?

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Sami321

How to make your body ready for birth?

Post by Sami321 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Hey guys I am pregnant and i am worried for my delivery. What are the best things i can do so that my body will be healthy to deliver a baby? Is getting emotional or worried can effect baby health? What are the best healthy diet for a pregnant woman.

Lorina

Re: How to make your body ready for birth?

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:19 am

First off Congratulations of the upcoming arrival of your bub! So exciting!

In regards to making your body ready for birth don't overstress or overdo your usual activities but you can continue on with your typical daily routine. Leading up to the birth of my daughter I continued with housework, sweeping, mopping, cleaning windows and doors (all forms of exercise and try to avoid lifting heavy items such as laundry baskets).

You do have to be careful when going up and down stairs because as you tummy grows it's hard to see where you're going so make sure that if you're going up and down stairs take extra care. It took me 3 times as long to go up and down my stairs to go to my room as I didn't want to risk falling! I think just overall be cautious with your movements.

Make sure that your taking your pregnancy supplements/vitamins such as Elevit or Iodine. Your doctor would of prescribed them to you. Since your baby is already taking your nutrients to grow inside of you do need maintain the required amount per day otherwise you will feel lethargic and tired. Also, have plenty of calcium such as plain yoghurt and milk and lots of green leafy vegetables. I'm vegetarian and anemic (iron deficiency) so I really had to make sure that I was eating high ironed foods such as spinach, dates, potatoes etc. and I remember eating a lot of plain yoghurt!

In regards to your emotional wellbeing I believe that it does effect the baby so for these 9 months it's important to have a strong support system around you (family and friends) that will be with you to look after you and take care of you so you don't have to worry so much! Be positive and be happy! Let those usual annoyances and things that will typically drive you mad go and spend time doing what you want to do and that makes you happy. If this involves knitting, reading, scrapbooking, singing, whatever it may be do it and try and free you mind from all the disturbances. There will be fights between you and your loved ones and during this time just walk away! Be selfish for you and your baby for the next 9 months! It's OK!

I was so anxious, nervous and scared about the whole birth! I had no idea what to expect and what to do! My bub didn't arrive until 5 days past her due date and this is only because I had an induced labour as my doctor suggested not to wait any longer. It was painful and so quick that my doctor didn't make it to my delivery! No matter how many breathing exercises or how prepared you think you are nothing prepares you for the birthing experience! I gave birth with NO gas, NO epidural or NOTHING! And I think it really made a difference in how my baby was brought into this world! Wide Awake and active the entire time! :giggle:

Just take care of yourself and your little bub growing inside you and before you know it you will be holding your little one in your arms!

I'm really excited for you!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: How to make your body ready for birth?

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:22 am

During the birth let each step take it's course... It's going to be painful and messy but we are WOMEN and our bodies are already prepared for giving birth!

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

I went through a crazy pregnancy so if you have any concerns I can try and help you out!

:geek:,
Lorina