Hello! I'm new here.

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Marissasam

Hello! I'm new here.

Post by Marissasam » Fri May 15, 2020 12:49 pm

Hello! I'm new here. I have two children. My son is 5 years old and my daughter is 2 years old. I'm a happy mother who is looking for advice on how to develop children and how not to raise children.

Lorina

Re: Hello! I'm new here.

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:29 am

Hi!

Welcome!!!

I'm Lorina! Nice to meet you! I have 2 children as well... my daughter is 7 and my son is 8 months old...

In regards to developing look at their interests and find ways of incorporating learning into their interests. For eg my daughter is obsessed with dragons and animals so using this as a basis I plan learning around this... since she's older it is more along the lines of reading, writing, math etc.

What are your children's interests?

:geek:,
Lorina

chetna.bhatt

Post by chetna.bhatt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi
Lorina ,Sorry to message here as I am unable to create my own forum .. I am Diploma holder and working as pre school Room leader .I want to upgrade myself so decided to do bachelor degree in early childhood .Please suggest which University is good .I am new to Australia as its been only 3 years and don’t know much about uni.Anyone is doing 0-8 years (online )...or 0-5 (online ).I was a teacher overseas (India)9 years but here all things are different .Really need your support.I have so many queries regarding to choose between 0-5 or 0-8 yrs as I want to work in schools but really don’t know much ....Can we work in Schools with 0-5 years degree...?Thanks in advance .

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi!

If you're wanting to work in schools and in early childhood then you can go for 0-8... This means you can work in primary school upto the age of 8 (up to year 1 or year 2). You can also work in early childhood services as an ECT.

If you specifically only want to work in childcare then you can do the 0-5...

However even though it may be an extra year... I would suggest 0-8 so you do have the option in the future to teach in a school.

As for which university there are so many options since you can complete everything online... I guess you have to look at a few options and see which one offers the best option for you...

There is Notradame, Deakin, Swinburn, Curtin to name a few...

Search the following in google:

bachelor of early childhood education online 0 8 years Australia

Then see what each one is offering....

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Lorina

melany9mw

Post by melany9mw » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:24 pm

Hello and welcome

Obeida
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by Obeida » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:26 am

Hi all,

I am new to this forum - have always used it for the resources but finally I am not apart of it - subscribing for a lifetime - and I am super excited to be using the resources for personal and business use!

I am currently in the process of applying for the service approval (state - vic) and would love to network with providers across the nation - two minds are better than one, they say and i totally agree! Would just be lovely to have a professional conversation with individuals who share the same goals and aspirations!

Look forward to contributing and learning off this great forum!

Bibbi

Post by Bibbi » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi all.

I'm new here too. I stumbled across this site a few days ago, realised there was an active forum, & have never left. Normally I'm the one who doesn't say anything, but as I'm about to embark on a new adventure studying Diploma of Early Childhood & Education through the ACCCO study from home option, I believe I'll need to reach out to you ladies (and gentlemen??) at some point. Might as well start now. :)

I am a mother to 4 boys, 6, 11, 13 & 20 years old. I currently work in retail & am anxious about changing careers, study off-campus (on-campus not an option unfortunately due to distance & timeframes) and getting out of my comfort zone; but tbh, I am more anxious about never fulfilling or at least trying this different avenue. I love kids. I think they are funny, and as much as the negative aspects of child education & care can be overwhelming, the positives of being around children far outweighs any cons in my eyes.

Looking forward to learning heaps from you all. This is exciting!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:30 am

Hi!

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I'm Lorina!

It's great to hear you're starting your Diploma! It's very exciting to get started in this industry and you already have the experience and the instincts with your 4 boys!

You're right kids are funny, innocent, loving and they are so cute! Especially the younger ones (I currently have a one year old boy and OMG enjoying every second)! Working in early childhood is extremely rewarding and challenging at the same time. Honestly the children make it all worth it that's for sure!

I'm always availbale if you need me!

See you around the forum!

Lorina

AmberP

Post by AmberP » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:41 pm

Hello! I am also new to this site. I have two sons, the senior 12, the younger 4. I work remotely and try to spend more time with them. I am here to share my experience, find answers to my questions, and communicate. We live in difficult times and try to get used to it. And I hope that all will be well soon. 

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:59 pm

Hi Amber! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! I'm Lorina!

I'm here to support and assist you in any way I can, so please let me know if you require anything...

Browsing through the topics, you will find some interesting experiences that may help you when needed, if not I'm around!

Thanks for saying hi and I'll see you around the forum!

Lorina

AureaRea

Post by AureaRea » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:20 pm

Hello. Glad you came to ask for help. Rest assured that the people here are so considerate and wise.

Jmowa

Post by Jmowa » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi
My name is Jannatul. I am new to the aussie childcare network. I was wondering if anyone recently attended any council childcare job interview. I attended yesterday and wondering if any one else did as well. So that we can share experience

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:55 pm

Jmowa wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:33 pm
Hi
My name is Jannatul. I am new to the aussie childcare network. I was wondering if anyone recently attended any council childcare job interview. I attended yesterday and wondering if any one else did as well. So that we can share experience

Hi Jannuatul,

Nice to meet you! :wave: I'm Lorina!

How did your interview go? Have you heard anything else back?

Lorina

alvaradojosephin

Post by alvaradojosephin » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Hello, I'm glad to join your community

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:12 pm

alvaradojosephin wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:52 pm
Hello, I'm glad to join your community
Hi! I'm Lorina! Welcome to our forum!

Where are you from?

What do you do?

Lorina

alvaradojosephin

Post by alvaradojosephin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:32 am

I'm from Chicago :)

Tash1978
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by Tash1978 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:40 pm

I am also new here I am just about to complete my diploma here and enjoyed my studies definitely recommend anyone who wants to change career paths. I have changed my career path from the hospitality industry to early childhood education and care. I did enjoy the work placement part of my course as it gave me hands-on experience which is the best way to learn of course. I wished I signed up earlier on when I began my course as this site is full of useful information to use in the industry and help answer some difficult questions that may come throughout the time you are at your course. I am from Melbourne Australia here.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:14 pm

alvaradojosephin wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:32 am
I'm from Chicago :)

Hi! Are you working with children there?

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Tash1978 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:40 pm
I am also new here I am just about to complete my diploma here and enjoyed my studies definitely recommend anyone who wants to change career paths. I have changed my career path from the hospitality industry to early childhood education and care. I did enjoy the work placement part of my course as it gave me hands-on experience which is the best way to learn of course. I wished I signed up earlier on when I began my course as this site is full of useful information to use in the industry and help answer some difficult questions that may come throughout the time you are at your course. I am from Melbourne Australia here.

Hi! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! I'm Lorina!

It's great to hear that you enjoyed work placement! That gives you a taste of what to expect once you start working in an early childhood service. There is so much to learn and one thing you will find that every service is different so as you build you career you get an overall understanding of how different centres implement experiences, teach children and engage children in learning. Even with documentation you will find differences between centres as this is based primarily on the interpretation of each individual educator. So, you're always learning as you develop your own approach.

Also, thank you I'm glad you like this site! There is so much to information to share!

Lorina