Centres Purchasing Trampolines

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
muttley
Participator
Participator

Centres Purchasing Trampolines

Post by muttley » Wed May 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi All,

I currently work at a long day care centre and have a spring free trampoline at home that my children are no longer using. I was going to see if my centre would like to purchase it but I can't find anything in the national regulations in regards to having trampolines in a long day care setting. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Trampolines and long day care

Post by Lorina » Thu May 15, 2014 4:16 am

This information is from Kids Safe:

Trampolines

I thought as long as it follows the guidelines mentioned then it should be fine. However, it states that trampolines shouldn't be used for children under 6. So, I'm guessing your LDC won't be able to purchase it...

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu May 15, 2014 4:28 am

I just read an LDC policy book that uses a trampoline at their centre. However, I can't find where they got their information to do this from... I have emailed Kids Safe SA to see what they suggest... Give it a couple of days and I'll let you know once I receive a response from them...

:geek:,
L.A

Sophie Michael

Post by Sophie Michael » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:03 am

If your children are no longer using trampoline then I suggest you to recycle it by converting it into swing or swinging bed. You can easily find innovative uses for redundant trampolines by searching it on google.
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed name of company