Studying Diploma in child care .

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Pri82

Studying Diploma in child care .

Post by Pri82 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:33 am

Hello ,
I m Pri I am studying Diploma in child care .
I haven't done cert 3 just by itself .
One of my friend told me that I don't need to do the 240 hrs of work experience if I get casual job .
I asked my faculty they said it has to a perm part time or full time .
They will pay me under qualified amount for diploma .
Where some are saying I have to do the 240 hours of work experience as I haven't done cert 3 separately .
I am confused don't know what I should do have any of the student experienced this while doing their diploma .
I have work in Australia before but in totally different field I was doing medical admin . And now this is a career change all together .
Plz clear my confusing thanks a million in advance .
I prefer getting under paid rather than free of experience .
Thanks Pri

Lorina

Re: Studying Diploma in child care .

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:26 pm

When you do a Diploma qualification part of your qualification is to do work placement and for a Diploma it is 240 hours. As a casual employer your work hours are unpredictable and you just have time during the day to do what needs to be done for your practical placement which includes different tasks. Also, you need a diploma educator at the centre to mentor you and sign you off as you do your tasks and this isn't possible as a casual educator!

So, you will need to find a more permanent position or you will have to do free experience at a centre...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Another option is to do free experience and work as a casual as well... So, a few days a week work as a casual when you're not doing work experience...

Lorina

Pri82

Post by Pri82 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:49 pm

Thanks Lorina ,
Yeah as I have an 2 year old he is very handful and he goes 2 days to day care so mostly I will have to do the 240 hrs .
I did speak to one centre around my place and they said it's up to you how many days u want to come how many hours it's totally up to me .
I did receive my blue care card also and will do my first aid course on 18 nov so then I can start my placement will take a bit of time as I can't do full time as I got a little one .
But thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Yes, it's hard when you have a child... You just have to work out the best way to handle everything, study, work placement and work...

Good Luck!

Lorina

Pri82

Post by Pri82 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:09 pm

Yeah I will just do the 240 hrs do all my log book and finish it . May be 3 days a week for 8 hrs should be good .
Then apply to agencies and hopefully I find something perm for 3 days.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:09 pm

Yes, that sounds like a good plan!

Lorina