Starting Diploma Online 2019

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
kahlz3

Starting Diploma Online 2019

Post by kahlz3 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:00 am

Hi all!
I am starting my Diploma next year online and have enrolled with Inspire Education. I read a lot of mixed reviews about several of the more budget friendly online institutions offering the course and decided to go with Inspire in the end. Not sure what to expect but keeping an open mind and prepping myself mentally already so I don't fizzle out after the "honeymoon phase" ends and I potentially and left facing challenges in the modules with lack of support etc.
Anyway, just wanted to gauge how long other students have taken to complete their course online? Is 1 year realistic considering I have no dependants, most likely just working work part time hours and am otherwise diligent with studies and completing the work?
I've done two years of uni in the past with no problems but really struggled to stay on top of the work for an online Cert 4 in PT I started earlier this year and had to drop. (I was working two jobs at the time so free time was lacking).
I tend to be pretty hard on myself so I don't want to set unrealistic goals/expectations only to set myself up for failure. I'm going into this with the mindset that I'll be very much on my own for the majority and not to expect a whole lot of support from the provider.
Any input would be great!

Lorina

Re: Starting Diploma Online 2019

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:45 am

HI!

Congratulations on your upcoming studies!!

Yes, 1 year is a realistic time to set yourself to complete your Diploma.

The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care has 1550 nominal hours, including the required 240-480 hours of vocational placement.

I think the only hurdle is the work placement. Some centres fill up quickly with students to complete work placement or don't offer work placement so it can take time to find a centre to take you on.

Since you already know when you are going to start your course you may as well start emailing services asking them if they will be able to take you on for work placement. You can confirm with your course provider how far into the course studies you can start work placement so you can begin contacting services. I would probably wait until after Christmas since most centres will be getting ready to close up for 2 weeks over the Christmas period.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

:geek:,
Lorina