Online studies - Diploma or Graduate Certificate

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Chloe Lee

Online studies - Diploma or Graduate Certificate

Post by Chloe Lee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Greetings all,

Im a Malaysian who will be migrating to Australia together with my husband in two years time.

I have been working as a trainer for an enrichment centre in Msia, major in kids full brain and public speaking training. Hence I'm looking for potential courses that enable me be a Early Childhood educator when I'm in Australia.

Im not a diploma nor bachelor holder, appreciate your advise for the below:

1) should I take up - diploma in ECCE or Graduate certificate in Autism, since I meet their prerequisites. Does the latter qualify me to work as an Early Childhood educator?

2) my direction is to operate my own Family Day Care after a few years teaching in Australia, what is the faster and efficient way to go about?

3) I can only do online courses at this moment, and have came across Insipre Education. Is this institute reliable and approved by ACECQA?

Appreciate your professional advices and comments.

Cheers
Chloe

Chloe Lee

Re: Online studies - Diploma or Graduate Certificate

Post by Chloe Lee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 pm

@lorina, seeking for your great assistance.

Denise1980

Post by Denise1980 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:53 am

Hi has anyone got a great affordable place I can go to and complete my diploma I have my cert 3 and have been working in childcare for 4 years if anyone has any advise would much appreciate it.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:49 am

Chloe Lee wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Chloe,

Nice to meet you! I'm Lorina! :wave:

If you're wanting to work in an Early Childhood Service, you are best to complete the Diploma Of Early Childhood Education. This will give you an overall understanding of the requirements needed to work as a room leader in a childcare setting and further down the line give you the necessary skills to work as an FDC Educator.

I recommend that before you think about running your own FDC, that you gain as a couple of years experience working with children. There is a lot to learn, there are regulations that you need to understand, there is a curriculum which you have to follow, there are policies which you need to adapt, so much to learn! and the more you work and gain experience the better you will become at being a high-quality educator.

A few students on this forum have completed their qualification through Inspire and they are a registered training organisation... maybe you should contact/email a few course providers and see which ones best suit you...

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm here to help!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:54 am

Denise1980 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:53 am
Hi has anyone got a great affordable place I can go to and complete my diploma I have my cert 3 and have been working in childcare for 4 years if anyone has any advise would much appreciate it.

I don't have any recommendation on where to gain your diploma (sorry) but since you have been working in the industry for 4 years, you may be able to gain RPL for your experience.

Here is some more information about it:

Gaining RPL

You could contact a few different course providers and see which ones offers you the best RPL for your current experience.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Chloe Lee

Post by Chloe Lee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:48 am

Lorina wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:49 am
Chloe Lee wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Chloe,

Nice to meet you! I'm Lorina! :wave:

If you're wanting to work in an Early Childhood Service, you are best to complete the Diploma Of Early Childhood Education. This will give you an overall understanding of the requirements needed to work as a room leader in a childcare setting and further down the line give you the necessary skills to work as an FDC Educator.

I recommend that before you think about running your own FDC, that you gain as a couple of years experience working with children. There is a lot to learn, there are regulations that you need to understand, there is a curriculum which you have to follow, there are policies which you need to adapt, so much to learn! and the more you work and gain experience the better you will become at being a high-quality educator.

A few students on this forum have completed their qualification through Inspire and they are a registered training organisation... maybe you should contact/email a few course providers and see which ones best suit you...

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm here to help!

Lorina

Good day, Lorina. :wave:

Am I allowed to work as an Early childhood educator if I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Education done in Malaysia?

My direction is clear that I want to be an early childhood educator in Australia, hence looking for the course that best suit me.

I'm now struggling to pursue either Australian Diploma in Early Childhood (online) OR Malaysian Post Graduate Diploma in Education. Which course above will be more highly valued by Australia in Early Childhood Education field?

Cheers,
Chloe

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:09 pm

If you are planning to work in Australia, you will need to complete the Australian qualification... if you complete the Malaysian Post Graduate you will need to get it approved by the Australian Regulatory Authority and if it is not approved you will have to complete the Australian qualification anyway... so if you are definitely coming to Australia to work then you should complete the Australian Diploma in Early Childhood.

Lorina