I feel like I am being cheated on?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

I feel like I am being cheated on?

Post by nemodori » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello to the ones reading.
So I have done my cert III. Just want to study further. So I recently tried applying for the course Diploma of early childhood education and care. I am from Melbourne.
End of February, I applied the course in Sage Institute of Childcare. But before my course started, the institute shut down. I read many posts on Facebook, articles and reviews on google for this institute. Most people kept saying they are cheaters, money hunger. Etc. I was lucky I didn't pay for my course...cause they told me that they will call me a week before my course starts (17th or 27th March 2017 can't remember proper date) but I kept waiting for their call. I finally decided to call them myself. It kept going to the message bank. And I finically found out that it shut down.
Next, I tried searching for another institute to do my course at. I found Selmar's Institute. But they were asking for just $99 .. which I found impossible. So I never applied for it.
Today, I called up career's austrlia. That is where my sister studies her nursing course. So I am happy with that one. But...only problem is that I am scared. They said the course costs $15490. I don't know how true this is. But they were saying that I can apply for VET FEE HELP which will over $10000 and I'll be left with $5000 to pay off. Also they told me if I applied for a scholarship, I would get $3000 reduced from the remaining $5000. So I'll left with $2490. And that my course starts on 19th April I think and I'll have to start paying the $2490 from May. But this course is an online course.. I have to do this at home only... no in classes.
Am I on the correct path? Or does this sound very suspicious?
I feel like I am being cheated on.
Most area I heard this course costs about $9000.
I am very very scared... I do not want to pay this much and lose it in the end.
Anyone have an idea if this is the way it works or is it wrong? .. most of all. When career's austrlia called me back, my True Caller App on my iPhone told me it's a 'SPAM' calling me. But I still answered and it was careers austrlia. After I got off the phone with them, I went on my true caller app and checked the number, it has been reported as spam from 50 people. And my whole screen went red. It totally scared me.
I am getting very stressed. I don't know what to do. I feel like I am getting cheated on. Am I overreacting or would you be the same?
I don't know what to do...
I really thought of doing my diploma at the institute I did my cert III at. But they don't do government funding anymore. I would have to pay $9000 within 12 months. Which is not possible for me at the moment.
I want to cry...
:sweating: :sweating: :sweating:

nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I feel like I am being cheated on?

Post by nemodori » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Also... I just wanted to make sure... but I just saw this article on careers austrlia. Is my suspicion right? I don't know what to do :|

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-1 ... ts/7557360

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:17 pm

I understand your frustration! It seems like you are getting the runaround! Now $15,000 for a course seems expensive however at the moment I'm not sure what the cost is to complete the Diploma course now. How about you contact a few other course providers and see what the course costs are then you can determine whether or not the cost is expensive... Have you thought about TAFE? You also have the option of doing a traineeship as well... (where you can work and study - you only pay for the tuition fee). There are many options available...

I would recommend your ring TAFE and found out how much the course is first...

:geek:,
Lorina

DF2017

Post by DF2017 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi Nemodori
Try Chisholme Institute. They have full time courses and an online Diploma course which you can complete in 1 year. Cost is about $7,800 but you can get a government assisted loan and pay it back. They are a trusted organisation like TAFE and won't close down and rip you off. The teachers are all early childhood trained, unlike some of the other organisations like Sage etc.
Not sure when you did your Cert 111 but if it was more that about 5 years ago TAFE and some other places require you to update to latest Cert 111 adding another 6 months and a few thousand to the course fees. We found that Chisholm did not require a Cert 111 to apply.
Good Luck!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:02 pm

DF2017 wrote:Hi Nemodori
Try Chisholme Institute. They have full time courses and an online Diploma course which you can complete in 1 year. Cost is about $7,800 but you can get a government assisted loan and pay it back. They are a trusted organisation like TAFE and won't close down and rip you off. The teachers are all early childhood trained, unlike some of the other organisations like Sage etc.
Not sure when you did your Cert 111 but if it was more that about 5 years ago TAFE and some other places require you to update to latest Cert 111 adding another 6 months and a few thousand to the course fees. We found that Chisholm did not require a Cert 111 to apply.
Good Luck!
Thanks for your suggestion!

:geek:,
Lorina