Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
ozchez
Participator
Participator

Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management

Post by ozchez » Sat May 07, 2022 10:43 pm

Hi all

I recently started my Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management and am currently on the 3rd module of 13 total. However the course is not what I expected it to be. I thought it would be based more around Childcare but instead I am having assessments based on nursing, aged care and disability. There has been little on Childcare.

I am struggling to complete the assessments as I am having to research the organisations the assessments are based on before even starting to answer the question.

I have spoken with my trainer regarding this.

I have been given the option of completing the current module and then deferring for up the 3 months to decide if I wish to continue. I asked if there is an Advanced Diploma that is more childcare based and she said that some training colleges may have this but the one I am completing is not one.

Has anyone completed a Childcare based Advanced Diploma and who did you do it with. PS I am in Victoria.

I am unsure whether to continue with the course at the moment.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheryl

Lorina

Re: Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management

Post by Lorina » Sun May 08, 2022 9:56 pm

Hi!

As far as I understand they have discontinued the Advanced Diploma in Children's Services and now you have to do the Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management in order to manage services in the community sector.

What is the purpose of completing this course? What do you hope to achieve when you gain this qualification?

:geek:,
Lorina

ozchez
Participator
Participator

Re: Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management

Post by ozchez » Sun May 08, 2022 10:15 pm

Hi Lorina

Thanks for your reply.

I am Ed Leader and 2IC where I am at the moment and thought doing the Adv Dip would give me more insight to the management side of things. Doing the Community Sector is not what I want. I have no intentions of changing careers and move into anything else other than childcare. Been in childcare for the past 30 years.

I am not ready to being the Director of a centre at this stage but just want to learn more about it.

If you are correct and there is no Adv Dip in Children's Services then maybe this course is not for me.

I will do some more research to find out what is available.

Thanks