Self assessment report and regulations report

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ludo

Self assessment report and regulations report

Post by ludo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:20 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC501B Manage children’s services workplace practice to address regulations and quality assurance
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
1. Research the ACECQA guidelines and self-assessment report. Using these as a guide conduct an assessment of your room (if you are on work placement choose 1 room for the self study). You are to record the methods/strategies that the service implements to ensure compliance

2. Using your assessment and quality improvement plan as a guide, write a report evaluating the service against the regulations and making recommendations to assist continuous improvement. (Min 2 pages)

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. i have researched my room for strenghts and issues. but im troubling to frame my answer, any sample or example will be a great help.

2. Just need a format or sample to know how do we do it?

Description and Message:
I have asked my centre but they replied they dont do regulation report.. or may just not interested to show me.
:( Please help me !

childcareworker1989

Re: Self assessment report and regulations report

Post by childcareworker1989 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:59 am

Hi,

I am also stuck on this question. I am having trouble doing my self-assessment, I have my answers but I am unsure how to set it up. Is there a template I can download online? And my service also does not do regulations reports and isn't able to assist me with that. I have been working on this question for so long and I am almost finish but stuck on the self-assessment and regulations report. Please help :|

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 pm

I found some samples which you can have a look at...You can use this information to create your own template:

http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... r_No51.pdf

http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/youngstar/pdf/ ... nt_fcc.pdf

http://ndc.ndgrowingfutures.org/files/p ... ssment.pdf

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:49 pm

You can also use the following from ACECQA to conduct your self assessment. It may be easier to use this because it already has the NQS and regulations and law incorporated into it:

NQS Assessment and Rating Instrument

L.A

childcareworker1989

Post by childcareworker1989 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks guys that was so helpful! Are you able to assist me with the regulations report? My centre doesn't do regulation reports and can not help me with this question.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:19 am

Ok so I've been trying to search for a regulations report and I can't come up with anything... So I think the next best thing is to creat one yourself. To me, a regulations report sounds like going through the regulations and "reporting" if you current centre is in line with the regulation and what evidence you provide to support this. I'm attaching the following:

Guide to ECS Laws and Regulations

This has all the law and regulations in early childhood services. I think you should use this to start your regulations report. Maybe you can create a table, use the regulations as sub heading and then detail how the centre is following it... Within the guide above you will see a "purple" box under each regulation which gives you examples of documents needed, what to do so you can use this information also...

Sorry I really don't know why it's so hard to find a regulation report!

Hopefully you can work something out,

L.A

Ceylin
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Re: Self assessment

Post by Ceylin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi

Need help too pls

How to develop a self- assessment checklist for monitoring work performance.

Thanks

Ceylin