Scenarios: Jen, Paul, Rhonda, Adanna, Gina

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
talyalala
Participator
Participator

Scenarios: Jen, Paul, Rhonda, Adanna, Gina

Post by talyalala » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCRF511A Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
a. My name is Jen.
I am the mother of a 4 year old boy. We live with my gay partner. We co-parent.
1. What concerns do you think we have about using child care?
2. What questions do you have for me?

a. My name is Paul.
I am a widower. My wife died 4 months ago of breast cancer. I have a 1yr old daughter and a 3 year old son. I currently work part time. I am finding it difficult to cope.
1. What support can you offer me?

a. My name is Rhonda.
I am a single parent. I have twin girls aged two and a son aged four. My partner is the father of the twins and he is in jail for repeated physical abuse of me and my son. My son has been in foster care for three months. My son gets very angry. The welfare workers think I am a bad mother.
1. What support can you offer me?

a. My name is Adanna
I arrived in Australia six months ago with my husband and children. We are resettled refugees from Sudan. Our country has been at war for many years. My sister and her family were killed by the soldiers. I have three children who are one, two and three years old. We do not speak much English. We need care for our children while we go to English classes.
1. My children have never been to a child care centre. What can I expect?

a. My name is Gina.
My husband and I have three children. Our youngest son was born ten years after my daughter who is now 17. My oldest son is 21.
Our 3.6 year old Aidan is autistic. This has been a great shock to the family. My husband is an architect and I am an engineer. We have always led very busy lives and our older children are successful socially and academically. We struggle to cope with the needs of Aidan. His language is limited, he is hyper-sensitive to noise and light and has very ritualistic behaviours. He rarely sleeps more than four hours each night.
1. Aidan has been attending a special education program for children with autism five days per week. I am returning to work par-time in 12 weeks and require care three days per week. How will you accommodate my child’s needs?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Hint and help needed please

Description and Message:
:sick: :sick:

thaohoa_vt

Re: Diploma In Children Services

Post by thaohoa_vt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi.so far i am stuck the same question. could any one help , please
Thanks

Lorina

Re: Scenarios: Jen, Paul, Rhonda, Adanna, Gina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:43 pm

It's best to research each main topic in each scenario so you can get a better understanding of each issue then you can answer the questions for each scenario. You will be able to find the information in Google itself. You can use the following keywords:

CHCRF511A - Scenario: Jen
Supporting Child Cope With Death Of Parent
Supporting Family Of Domestic Violence
Supporting Refugees In Early Childhood
Inclusion Support Autism

Hope this helps you find some information,

:geek:,
Lorina