Scenario - Unhappy - Mrs Holz

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Lillypad88
Helper
Helper

Scenario - Unhappy - Mrs Holz

Post by Lillypad88 » Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 am

Scenario
Unhappy
Mrs. Holz, the parent of an 11 month old withdrew her child from the centre without any explanation after 4 months in care. Another parent tells the Director that she and the family have a mutual friend who said the family was unhappy that there seemed to be a different educator in the room every day.
The child’s primary educator had been on extended sick leave and there had been several casuals covering her absence. This was compounded by several changes in the roster which led to a series of staff working the early and late shift.
The Director had not informed parents of the reason for the many changes in staff.

I have one question I am having trouble with, I have to resubmit my Unit as this question was answered incorrectly.
Question:
How should the Director follow-up with Mrs Holz?
The Director should phone Mrs Holz and advise the parent that their child's primary educator had been on extended sick leave and there was several casuals covering her absence. She should apologise for not advising the parents earlier. The Director made a mistake for not communicating with the parents. But what else should she do now?
Could you please let me know what else I could add?
Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: Scenario - Unhappy - Mrs Holz

Post by Lorina » Mon May 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Maybe something like ...The Director was told the reason through other families rather than directly from Mrs Holz. The director could call up/email Mrs Holz to ask the reason of leaving. The director could continue the conversation explaining the primary carer has been away on sick leave and that's the reason why there were so many changes in the room. When the primary carer returns the Director could offer Mrs Holz the spot again within the room and assure her that there will not be many staff changes within the room unless it was unavoidable...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lillypad88
Helper
Helper

Re: Scenario - Unhappy - Mrs Holz

Post by Lillypad88 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:33 pm

Thank you so much Lorina :)