Scenario: Unable To Find A Suitable Replacement

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Cunnington25

Scenario: Unable To Find A Suitable Replacement

Post by Cunnington25 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:36 pm

hi guys , since im new I was wondering if some good neighbours out there can help me with some of my questions on my scenarios , my English not that good for English is my second language and I find it hard to understand some questions SCENARIO 1 & 2 DONE

scenario 3 : ONE OF YOUR CERTIFICATE 3 QUALIFIED EDUCATORS HAS ADVISED YOU THAT SHE IS MOVING INTERSTATE WITH HER FAMILY . SHE HAS GIVEN 3 WEEKS NOTICE .

QUESTION : IF YOU WERE UNABLE TO FIND A SUITABLE REPLACEMENT BEFORE THIS STAFF MEMBER LEAVES, DISCUSS THE PLANS YOU WOULD IMPLEMENT TO ARRANGING STAFFING IN THE INTERIM?

answer: I would continue Posting and circulating all vacancies within the work place , continue advertising .

scenario 4: ONE OF YOUR STAFF CONSISTENTLY COMES TO WORK IN SHORT SHORTS AND DOSEN;T BRING A HAT . THE SERVICE POLICY CLEARS STATES THAT SHORTS MUST BE TO THE KNEE AND WIDE BRIM HAT ( WHICH IS ISSUED PART OF THE UNIFORM UPON EMPLOYMENT ) MUST BE WORN WHEN OUTSIDE WITH THE CHILDREN. YOU HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT SOMETIMES WHEN THIS STAFF MEMBER IS IN THE OUTDOOR YARD WITH A SMALL GROUP OF CHILDREN , SHE WILL GO INSIDE FOR A SHORT PERIOD TO COLLECT RESOURCES AND LEAVE THE CHILDREN UNATTENDED.

- do you think this staff member's performance is unsatisfactory ? explain your answer
yes , because she hasn't followed the correct procedure of the centre what is required, and her duty of care isn't to the professional standard

- outline how you would provide counselling and support to improve this staff performance?
I would provide counselling and support to improve this staff performance by face to face communication , outline the guild lines and recommendation in the sun policy and talk to her about her performance is it professional is her performance is followed in correct order of EYLF ,EDUCATION AND CARE SERVICES NATIONAL REGULATION AND THE NATIONAL QUALITY FRAMEWORK .

-how would you ensure your handling of this performance issue is consistent with your service procedures in relation to addressing staff performance?

-what area/s of workplace legislation have been breached by this staff member ?

-what action would you take ( according to your level of responsibility in the organisation ) for each of these breaches ?

-what further training/development /mentoring would you suggest to this staff member ?

I would love help with these question from good neighbours out there who have experienced such thing in the childcare business and also direct me in the right way and give me pointers would be awesome, some I don't understand few pinpoint or direction would be perfect
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

yasemine

Re: Diploma of early childhood education and care cluster 10

Post by yasemine » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:51 pm

hey cunning

I am having troube with scenario 1 and 2 on cluster 10 assessment 2 partc and was wondering if u could help me out but mostly stuck on scenario 2.
it would be great if u could guide me in the right direction cause i dont know how to write a written plan of how the meeting will progress.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Diploma of early childhood education and care cluster 10

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:30 pm

What if you don't fill the position by the time she leaves? You cannot run the room with one less staff? Just saying you will continue to advertise the position does not answer the question. They want to know if she leaves and you do not have a permanent staff member to fill her position how are you going to staff the room? Remember rooms and centres have ratios to maintain at all times. You cannot just say I have advertised and will hire when I find someone suitable. That empty slot HAS to be filled somehow until you find someone....how would you do it?

Sorry will try help with the rest later ... have a baby who needs feeding!

Cunnington25

Re: Scenario: Unable To Find A Suitable Replacement

Post by Cunnington25 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:28 am

Hi everyone sorry its been awhile ive been here i've tried editing to answer the rest of the questions but didnt let me and i forgot my password, but back on track :
)

Cunnington25

Re: Scenario: Unable To Find A Suitable Replacement

Post by Cunnington25 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:36 am

yasemine wrote:hey cunning

I am having troube with scenario 1 and 2 on cluster 10 assessment 2 partc and was wondering if u could help me out but mostly stuck on scenario 2.
it would be great if u could guide me in the right direction cause i dont know how to write a written plan of how the meeting will progress.

hi yasemine

sure thing a written plan should be something like this

Today’s AGENDA
Starts at 6:00pm-8:00pm
Introduction / Business Arising (5minutes)
Housekeeping in the childcare centre/updates (30 minutes)
Reviewing (20 minutes)
Ability awareness (30 minutes)
Presentation (45 minutes)
May 22nd Director and assistant director will talk about the housekeeping in the centre.