Participate in Pedagogical practice

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sadna

Participate in Pedagogical practice

Post by sadna » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi
I have been asked to describe how I have participated in 3 different pedagogical practices that are demonstrated in the service.
The 3 pedagogical practices are: Building and nurturing relationships, Curriculum and decision making, and Teaching and learning.
The situations are as follows:
Building and nurturing relationship - A Child aged 2.5 years is new to the centre. As soon as his mom says goodbye to him, he starts crying and will continue to cry for quite a long time standing by the door. My role there was to calm him down and support him emotionally. That day, he spent most of his time following me, sitting next me, and playing with me.

Curriculum and decision making- Ali 4 years old like playing in the garden whenever they are outdoor. He pulls out little grasses and try to plant them in the sand or soil. My role was to organise an activity where i have to do some gardening. So, we put some soil mixed with compost in little cups and sow some seeds with the children. The children watered the pots and started looking for signs for germination.

Teaching and learning - Playing and singing the 'tidy up' song every time we have to put the toys away. Children will learn the routine and learn that they have to tidy up the room before another routine.

question 1: Are these appropriate examples for building and nurturing relationship, curriculum and decision making and teaching and learning that I've provided.
question 2: How did these pedagogical practices individually uphold the learning framework?
question 3: which policies and procedures are relevant to these pedagogical practice?

I have answered the question partly. Could you please help and guide with the rest please.
Thank you

Lorina

Re: Participate in Pedagogical practice

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:56 am

I think what you have written is fine! Your examples are good!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:57 am

Here is some more information that may help:

What Is Pedagogy
Professional Pedagogy Project - Section 3 of this document talks about pedagogical techniques and strategies.

:geek:,
Lorina

Davichia

Post by Davichia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi all,
I need a big help ,if our could give me some examples of pedagogical practicies and principles .
Adopting holistic approaches
Planning and implementing learning through play
Intentional teaching