Inclusion in Practice

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Samaria

Inclusion in Practice

Post by Samaria » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE021 Implement Strategies for the Inclusion of all Children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Describe how you would use the process of ‘task analysis’ to assist a 3-year-old child with poor fine motor and perceptual skills to complete a 12 piece inset puzzle of animals?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I know that "Task analysis" is simply a process of breaking down a task into smaller, manageable steps. It can be used to assist a child to accomplish a range of self-help tasks such as hand washing and toileting. It can also assist children to learn the steps necessary to complete a simple experience such as collage or painting.

I don't know how to quite answer this question, should I be using the same 12 piece inset puzzle of animals and then break it down? or should I change it and place a 6 piece inset puzzle for him that is easier and then break it down from there? =/

Description and Message:
So confused, how can I answer this?

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it! :D

Lorina

Re: Inclusion in Practice

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:04 am

Maybe you could group the pieces together. So, like the outside then the bottom and top pieces can be grouped in sets which will make it easier for the child to put together. Another idea is to have a picture of the puzzle of what it looks like when it is complete in order to guide the child to complete the puzzle. You could also outline each puzzle piece on the wooden board and number them so the child identifies the number on the board and on the puzzle piece to try and put it together...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Samaria

Re: Inclusion in Practice

Post by Samaria » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 am

Yes this did help a lot!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :)

Kind regards Samaria