Impact Of Events and Issues In Indigenous Communities

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
emanmawass

Impact Of Events and Issues In Indigenous Communities

Post by emanmawass » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Acknowledge and respect the impact of events and issues in aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait islander history during service delivery
Part 1.

This is my answer just wondering if someone can help me out and tell me if this makes sense ?? :) thanks all

in order to develop a better understanding and provide appropriate services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people, it is important to have a greater understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal history and its context. It becomes necessary to acknowledge and wherever possible to promote indigenous culture and heritage, to support indigenous people in their own communities and in the surrounding community and to address issue specific to the local indigenous community (rural or urban). Strategies for interacting with and imparting service to indigenous people should be based around consultation with members of the aboriginal and Torres Strait islander community and should accommodate understanding that contemporary indigenous experience of mainstream culture is different, even today. This understanding will lead to a deeper insight into Aboriginal culture and way of life. It is furthermore important to recognise and acknowledge the difficulties that may have been faced along with the continued discrimination, and how this may affect the current situation.
It is undeniable that history affects the present and future. For Aboriginal people, history and, for example, bad experiences with authority, may affect the way that Aboriginal people perceive or interact with authority figures in a given situation.
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Impact Of Events and Issues In Indigenous Communities

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:48 am

I think it's quite good! :thumbup:

My only suggestion is that you can add specific examples within your response of events/issues that have impacted Aboriginal people.

Here is some more information:

Working and Walking Together

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina