Education Support

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
gigix77

Education Support

Post by gigix77 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC508
CHCFC508A Foster childrens aesthetic and creative development
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
Proved and example of an inviting, stimulating and safe experience for an individual five-year-old child or a small group of five-year-old children involved in imitative, dramatic and imaginative play. Explain how adult support might be incorporated into the experience.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
A confused answer so far: Ive research for two days on this particular question, I gained a lot of knowledge about the three particular plays although I did find it depends on which theorist you research. I did find that the definitions were conflictive and confusing. From what I understand the three do and can morph into each other depending on what props and areas you have set up. I have answered the question with one activity Playing House, but Im not sure if I needed to provide an example of each play. So I guess Im finding it difficult because I don't understand what he question is specifically asking. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Education Support

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:50 pm

I think you're over thinking the question. Once you start researching theorists you're going to make your head explode trying to figure out how the question fits in! :giggle:

Just pick a dramatic experience and how an adult could support a child's play. For example in home corner if you were to set up a restaurant setting, adult support to encourage play maybe to offer additional materials, act as one of the customers, help with taking down the order, help children to create menu's etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A