CHCPR510B - Designing Programs

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
syakira
Helper
Helper

CHCPR510B - Designing Programs

Post by syakira » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi,

I need help with:

Design and implement a program to enhance the development of 0 - 2's, 2 - 3's and 3 - 5 years old children.

I need to set up the activities in each room.

So I need help with what activities that I can set up that is appropriate for each age group and aesthetically pleasing for children?

I might set up the following play spaces (what do you think?)

infants - maybe large lego's set up on the table

Toddlers - Going Shopping

kinders - Sea creatures or Dinosaurs or train set on the ground

Thank you

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCPR510B - Designing Programs

Post by cathiek » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Syakira
I teach Kindy in WA 3 1/2 - 4 year olds so I can help with the 3-5 question.
Would look at fine motor development, so things like playdough with scissors/cutters, threading cards, pegboards etc.
Also, sensory activities like riceplay (perhaps with cups/funnels etc for measurement/pouring).
Another thing would be home corner for dramatic play (a bit like you have said for shopping.)
Hope this is of some use.
Cathiek

syakira
Helper
Helper

Re: CHCPR510B - Designing Programs

Post by syakira » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks Cathiek,

I was thinking for infants, I'm going to use my stuffed fish (4 little fish that I made during cert 3). Displaying the fish on the ground using a blue cloth for the ocean and use brown fabric for rocks and sand. It's good for infants because they can crawl towards it, or if they can't crawl yet, they can reach out for the toys. The fish are very small and light weight. So that's what I'm going to do. It's good for gross motor skills, sensory play, I can sing a fish song as well.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Syakira