CHCORG614F MANAGE A COMMUNITY SECTOR ORGANISATION FROM THE DIPLOMA OF CHILDREN'S SERVICES

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

CHCORG614F MANAGE A COMMUNITY SECTOR ORGANISATION FROM THE DIPLOMA OF CHILDREN'S SERVICES

Post by sherry.mcc » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi, I have just started this assignment and tried googling information.
Question: As a manager, what strategies could you use to ensure you are informed of all current legislative requirements or changes to legislation?
I have 5 lines to fill. One answer I have so far- asking to be kept informed by the relative parties about the changes in legislation.
what else would there be?
Question:describe how i would convey key information about legislative requirements to the team?
5 lines again. I have put so far - set up a meeting and discuss the key information about legislative requirements and handouts to each team member.
Scenario: preschool bought by operators and director is changing hours of operation of service to be extended to include Out of School Hours Care. New Policies-staff expected to work longer hours and shifts without extra payment. policy for casual attendance to be introduced e.g. when children absent other children to offered casual days.
Question: Describe the process that should have been used to introduce the desired changes. 9 lines
Question: what specific legal and ethical issues will director need to address in relation to the proposed changes? 10 lines
There are 30 pages to this assignment. Is there a website I can go to about management of a childcare centre?
I need help.
Sherry

Lorina

Re: CHCORG614F MANAGE A COMMUNITY SECTOR ORGANISATION FROM THE DIPLOMA OF CHILDREN'S SERVICES

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi Sherry,

I've been trying to Research some information for your question but I haven't really come up with anything. I did manage to find a document (which I will attach below) about how to meet legislative requirements in a childcare centre. I had a brief look through it and hopefully it should provide you with a few ideas.

[attachment=1]meeting legislative requirements.pdf[/attachment]
Just re-reading the question again and could it be as simple as working out some strategies that you could implement within the centre? Such as:

As a manager, what strategies could you use to ensure you are informed of all current legislative requirements or changes to legislation?

- Network with other services within the community.
- Contact a childcare support consultant.

describe how i would convey key information about legislative requirements to the team?

- Review Policies and Procedures.
- Create checklist that can be used within the service.
- Professional Development workshops.

Describe the process that should have been used to introduce the desired changes

- Discuss issues and concerns with staff and families and work out a solution for all involved.
- Create a survey for staff and families about the proposal of adding OOSH to the service.
- Talk and address staff concerns about working longer hours. Roster could be altered to include different shifts for staff members.

what specific legal and ethical issues will director need to address in relation to the proposed changes?

- Duty of Care for Children & Families
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Code of Ethics (attachment below)

[attachment=0]code_of_ethics_ early_childhood.pdf[/attachment]
I'm not 100% sure how correct my answers are but I thought I'd share what my ideas are... Anyways, have a look at the info I provided and hopefully it helps you get a better understanding.

Let me know how you go,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Re: CHCORG614F MANAGE A COMMUNITY SECTOR ORGANISATION FROM THE DIPLOMA OF CHILDREN'S SERVICES

Post by sherry.mcc » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 am

Hello L.A.,
I would like to thank you and the other people for helping me with my assignments. You have all been such a great help.
Thank you
Sherry

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:52 am

Hi Sherry,

No Problems... I'm happy to hear that we were able to help you out when you were having troubles and thank you for your ongoing support! :mrgreen: Have you finished your Diploma?

L.A

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 am

Hi, I need help - I am doing my Diploma in childcare and have my last book of assignments to do. I am also a Family Daycare mum/grandmother.

Assessment Task 3.1: Review Staff Performance
Question: Describe the current strategies used by your organisation to determine professional development needs of individual team members and comment on its effectiveness as a strategy for improving individual skills and knowledge and the overall quality of service provision.
I did email my Coordinator and she emailed back - Yearly appraisal focusing on strengths and developing areas for further training -I have 5 more lines to fill.

Assessment Task 3.2:Personnel Processes
Question: Describe the process you would put in place to orient a trainee to your service. You should make reference to the resources you might use and the timeframe to complete the orientation process.
Again I emailed my coordinator and she emailed back -
Time frame - 4 weeks
Training on Regulations, Policies, NQF, EYLF and OHS - I have 8 more lines to fill.

There are so many questions in this assignment of 3.2.

Help!!

Cheers
Sherry

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi Sherry,

For the first question as well as Yearly Appraisals you could -

1) Provide opportunities for staff to attend Professional Development workshops. In staff meetings present idea to staff that was learnt at the workshop and discuss how it can be implemented at the centre.

2) During staff meetings set up discussions on scenarios, policy guidelines etc and involve them in the decision making process.

3) Staff Weekly Challenge. In the staff room post up a question on a related childcare issue and the best response gets a prize.

For the second question you could also include:

1) Introduce trainee to staff, children and families. Welcome in Newsletter.

2) Get trainee into the room. Have discussion with room leader and director about what duties will be.

3) First couple of weeks get trainee used to routines and interacting with children to build up relationships.

4) Also, during the time provide documentation that needs to be read and understood by trainee (policies and procedures, Regulations, Framework etc).

5) After 3 weeks have a discussion on how things are going, how trainee will be involved in the room, completing assignments etc.

Hope This Helps!

Not long to go until you get your diploma!!

L.A

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi L. A.
Thank you.Your input is so much appreciated.
Another question I forgot to put in regarding 3.2 Personnel Processes
question 2.
How and when would you measure the effectiveness of this orientation process?
I have 11 lines to fill.
Warm Regards
Sherry

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Sat May 19, 2012 7:53 am

Hi all,
Assessment Task 3:2 Personnel Processes
Question: How and when would you measure the effectiveness of this orientation process?

In regard to the above question is this okay?

Every 6 months up to 18 months follow up with the trainee to touch base and offer support and assistance and to discuss any concerns they might want to discuss.

Every 6 months up to 18 months checklist on how the educator is progressing.

Feedback checklist and follow-up with parents of the children in care with the new trainee to see if the families are happy with the care of their child and any concerns they may have.

Cheers
Many Thanks

Angellhart
Participator
Participator

Post by Angellhart » Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 am

I was base the "when" by when the apraisals are being done so for each individual trainee the first time you would review the effectiveness as at the 3 month probation, then for the 6 monthly review and every 12 months.

Overall though to measure the effectiveness of the staff orientation process you will have to do this constantly and depending on each individual - what works in training for some staff doesn't neccisarily work for all so you have to alter the process for the individual. Using past trainee's information with how effective the orientation process was with them you could possibly review in general what was working and what was not and change the process if needed.

What you have put sounds good to me but Im only a diploma trainee myself and am not up to that unit. I would also add in there to talk to the room leader about the trainee's progress :)

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 am

Hi Angellhart, :)
Thank you for your information. It was really helpful.
Good luck with your studies.
Sherry