CHCLEG001 - Interrelationships, Similarities and Differences That May Exist Between Legal and Ethical Framework

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
roxy123
Helper
Helper

CHCLEG001 - Interrelationships, Similarities and Differences That May Exist Between Legal and Ethical Framework

Post by roxy123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:35 am

I am after some guidance for the following question.

Give examples of interrelationships, similarities and differences that may exist between legal and ethical frameworks??????

Examples would help.

roxy :)

roxy123
Helper
Helper

Re: CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically

Post by roxy123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Done it

thanks

roxy123
Helper
Helper

Re: CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically

Post by roxy123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Sorry wrong one still need help with the above question

thanks heaps

sorry for confusion

Lorina

Re: CHCLEG001 - Interrelationships, Similarities and Differences That May Exist Between Legal and Ethical Framework

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:44 am

Are you still having difficulty with this question? Did you find any information?

:geek:,
Lorina

roxy123
Helper
Helper

Re: CHCLEG001 - Interrelationships, Similarities and Differences That May Exist Between Legal and Ethical Framework

Post by roxy123 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:06 am

Hi no have not been able to figure out answer to this question.

My Trainer came back to me with an example:

Differences in race, religion and sex???????????????????????

This is my last question on this module that I have to do.

Any assistance is appreciated.

roxy ;)

bal

Post by bal » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:04 pm

roxy123 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:35 am
I am after some guidance for the following question.

Give examples of interrelationships, similarities and differences that may exist between legal and ethical frameworks??????

Examples would help.

terriokane

Post by terriokane » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:04 pm

Hey Roxy , im having the same problem with this question!!! I have just become a member here and cant seem to post any of my questions here...… Did you get any help with your question?? Terri K - so hard to study online !!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:59 am

terriokane wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:04 pm
Hey Roxy , im having the same problem with this question!!! I have just become a member here and cant seem to post any of my questions here...… Did you get any help with your question?? Terri K - so hard to study online !!

Hi!

I'm sorry ever since the wage increase on Wednesday I've been inundated with pay rate questions.

Hopefully, I can help you with your question.

A Legal Framework - A Legal doctrine is a framework, set of rules, procedural steps, or test, often established through precedent in the common law, through which judgments can be determined in a given legal case (for early childhood NQF - National Regulations and Law).

Legal frameworks are standards that are set forth in governmental laws. All the statutes and laws that lawyers point to are legal standards. If you drive around downtown through any big city, you'll notice parking signs all over the place telling you that you can't park there for a long time, and they cite a city statute or code. This demonstrates a legal standard.

Legal standards are useful, as they help people to know what they cannot do. With legal standards in place, authorities are allowed to enforce rules when people do something illegal. For example, if someone steals, the legal standard saying 'you cannot steal' is used to discipline that individual, perhaps by placing him in prison.

An Ethical Framework -A Framework for Making Ethical Decisions. MAKING CHOICES: A FRAMEWORK FOR MAKING ETHICAL DECISIONS. Decisions about right and wrong permeate everyday life. It first provides a summary of the major sources for ethical thinking and then presents a framework for decision-making. ( ECA - Code Of Ethics)

Ethical frameworks on the other hand, don't necessarily have a legal basis. They are based on human principles of right and wrong. For example, when you are trying to park your car in a parking lot and there is only one parking spot left, the only legal standard you have to follow is that of not going over the speed limit or crashing into another car. Now, if you see another car about to go into that spot, though, ethical standards tell you not to fight for the spot but to give the spot to the car that was there first. It's the right thing to do. That's an ethical standard. Imagine if you were the one about to go into the spot, and someone quickly drove by and parked in that one spot. You would feel wronged, and yes, you were wronged, ethically speaking.

Reference:
Differences and Similarities Between Legal and Ethical

Hope this helps get you started.

Lorina

terriokane

Post by terriokane » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Ah thank you so much, definitely got me started.

H.Starbuck

Post by H.Starbuck » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:29 am

Hey, I’m having some issues with a similar question on how they interrelate Rodger her, can someone help me please?
Thank you!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:24 pm

H.Starbuck wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:29 am
Hey, I’m having some issues with a similar question on how they interrelate Rodger her, can someone help me please?
Thank you!

Hi!

Can you add the question you are referring too?

Thanks!

Lorina