CHCIC512A plan and implement inclusion of children with additional needs

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ravyn

CHCIC512A plan and implement inclusion of children with additional needs

Post by ravyn » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:27 pm

hi everyone,
i need to develop a plan for a child who has autism spectrum disorder at our childcare centre. and in developing that plan i need to refer to the information that follows:eg
it is the first question im unsure on what to put
it is How wouuld you ensure the inclusion process is a smooth one?
Now the next question already asks you about whom you need to consult and what questions you need to ask and im fine with all these questions just not sure what to include in intial question.

my next two questions are about what barriers might prevent child from participating fully at service and how would these barriers be addressed. im fine with these but then i get the next question which im stumped on
What additional resources would you require ?
is that like extra books to help other children about the ASD child? having activities the ASD child enjoys more of, having more safety requirements around the room so the child can access activities without hurting himself or other children?

thanks in advance
have a lovely day ravyn

Lorina

Re: CHCIC512A plan and implement inclusion of children with additional needs

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi Ravyn,

I have an Autism Fact Sheet which outlines how to include a child with autism into childcare and what teachers can do to support the child. You can gather some ideas from here on how to respond to your first question.
[attachment=0]Autism-Fact-Sheet.pdf[/attachment]
What additional resources would you require ?
is that like extra books to help other children about the ASD child? having activities the ASD child enjoys more of, having more safety requirements around the room so the child can access activities without hurting himself or other children?

Yes, you're right this question is referring to other resources that may needed to be purchased for safety etc to support the child with autism.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ravyn

Post by ravyn » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:12 pm

good evening LA,
Thank you ever so much for your help and i appreciate it so much. whooooooie i have finished two subjects and only have one more to do.
have a lovely evening ravyn

fifi

Post by fifi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:16 am

hi there
i need help with this( explain 5 different experiences you would plan for a child with autism to help them develop )

esther

Post by esther » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi guys

Please help me to answer this "Reflection of the inclusion plan for the focus child who has a challenging behaviour".

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:33 am

esther wrote:Hi guys

Please help me to answer this "Reflection of the inclusion plan for the focus child who has a challenging behaviour".
You need to start a new topic for this question.

You will need to have implemented an inclusion plan for a child with challenging behaviour and reflect on it by describing how the plan is going for this child, has the strategies worked, what needs improving etc.

:geek:,
L.A