CHCFC504A & 3A. THEORIES OF ATTACHMENT (RS001)

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Shosho

CHCFC504A & 3A. THEORIES OF ATTACHMENT (RS001)

Post by Shosho » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi guys i have a question about Ainsworth theory. i don't understand what i need to write oh how i should answer this question.

"Explain the significance of Aainsworth's strange situation study in relation to our understanding of types of attachment"

how do i answer the question? what is it asking?

I started to answer the question like this:

Ainsworth further expanded on Bowlby’s theory, Ainsworth concluded that there three styles of attachment
Secure attachment, Ambivalent-insecure attachment, Avoidant insecure attachment.

is it right? should i just talk about her 3 styles of attachment??

(im not looking for answers i just need someone to tell me if im doing it right)

Regards

Lorina

Re: CHCFC504A & 3A. THEORIES OF ATTACHMENT (RS001)

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Shosho,

From your response I think you are on the right track... you can also explain the different styles of attachment that you have included in your response. I did some research for you and I found some information relating to this attachment theory. It is quite a long read but hopefully this should give you a better understanding on where to go from here...

[attachment=0]origins_of_attachment.pdf[/attachment]
Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shosho

Re: CHCFC504A & 3A. THEORIES OF ATTACHMENT (RS001)

Post by Shosho » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Thank you for that L.A

Cheers =]